• Cause the truth hurts.+6,but what they don't realize is,the truth will set them free.Amnd don't say you are free,cause according to the bible,your in bondage to sin.
  • thats not true because they dont beleive in any god so hey
  • Because, by and large, people who claim they're Christian are the only ones who screw with 'em. It's called the Law of Consequences or, in layman's terms, what-goes-around-comes-around.
  • It's because most other religions have a live and let live attitude in America. Christians cause the most trouble and stick their faces in other people's business, so naturally they are the ones who get smacked around the most.
  • I criticize Christianity more than other religions for two main reasons. - 1) In the part of the world that I live in, Christians are a vocal majority. Some are very nice, and others are very pushy. It is those pushy ones that I take issue with. - 2) Since I live in a Christian dominated part of the world, I was raised as a Christian. Therefore, I know far more about Christianity than any other religion. I do try to not talk too much about subects I don't know much about.
  • Because Islam is beyond criticism?
  • Possibly because christians argue with them and try to convert them, most other religions do not try to force it on you.
  • The reason Is, there are some Christians that do not know that they are not to force Christianity and convert other people Into becoming Christians. Christianity Is not supposed to be forced Into anyone, If a person does not want to know anything about Christ, then that's his/her freedom of choice +)
  • 1. Most of us live in places where Christians outnumber everyone else. 2. Christians try to convert people to their religion more often than other religions. 3. In many places, Christians are trying to get laws altered to fit their views, effectively imposing Christianity on those who don't want it. 4. Many atheists in these countries are ex-Christians themselves, so they are more familiar with it than with other faiths. 5. To piss you off.
  • Christians tend to be the most vocal proselytizers. Other religions either don't bother trying to extol the virtues of their religion or are respectful enough of other points of view that a simple, "I am happy with my current belief system" will get them to stop. The appearance of hypocrisy also helps fuel the fires against them. For instance, Sarah Palin was all Christain, family values, abstinence works, and all that while her underage daughter is an unwed mother.
  • It's the main religion in all English speaking countries, that'll be why it gets mentioned more. I'm an equal opportunity attacker, I attack all religions.
  • For the same reason I gave in THIS answer: http://www.answerbag.com/a_view/7004402 If you have any questions, feel free to post a comment! :):)
  • Two reasons I can think of off the top of my head: Firstly, Christianity is a religion that involves a lot of preaching to non-believers in order to convert them. Granted, it's not the only religion that does this, but it ends up having an effect on a lot of people just the same. Secondly, most of the atheists you've encountered probably are former Christians, and it's very likely they deal with Christianity more than any other religion in their lives. I don't actually have the numbers on this, but I'm willing to guess that countries with majority Christian populations are also the countries that have some of the larger atheist/non-religious populations in the world.
  • The sad truth is power corrupts. And religious organisations are quite vulnerable to such corruption. However humble and loving a religion is when it is small, it can be counted on to become domineering, intolerant and hypocritical when it becomes big in an area. It has happened to Christianity several times in vestern history, It has happened to Islam, Buddism, heck, even Taoism (and it is difficult to imagine a religion kinder and more accepting than taoism (if you go by religious scriptures)) regards JakobA The end result is that in areas where Christianity is big, Christianity are likely to deserve criticism. In areas where Islam is big, Islam is likely to deserve criticism, etc, etc, etc.
  • Because Christians don't like to kill anyone who argues with them like Islamists do. They may WANT to, but they don't get away with it. We're exposed to a lot more Christians. You should get off your persecution complex high horse and see how some of us get called Zionists for not kissing Muslim ass.
  • Because it is the self-righteous Christians that take it upon themselves to oppress & discriminate Atheists the most. Only fair, don't ya think?
  • Honest answer? Because people of other religions keep their religions to themselves. I have friends who are hindu, muslim and sikh. Apart from mentioning that they can't have lunch with me because it is ramadan or something else like that, they never mention their religion. They completely respect your right to privacy about your own beliefs, and keep theirs to themselves. Many christians don't follow this and tend to push their religion - whether because it is the main religion in western countries so they assume people will follow it like them, because they are trying to convert you, or whatever. As an atheist, other religions let you go about in peace without having to think about their belief system. The problem with a lot of Christians is they seem to feel such a need to go public about their faith or convert you. Why, for example, are hindus not on here asking why we all don't share their beliefs, and what has made us reject hinduism? They leave us alone to be atheists in peace, but christians don't, because christianity is inherently an evangelical religion.
  • Probably for some of the same reasons others attack christianity.... cause they are clueless, immature, intolerable, cruel, haters of God, and are just waiting for the right moment to unleash there bitterness upon all that is right, and good in this world.
  • Christianity is the largest religion, meaning there are more ppl. Which also means more conflict. Also most other religions will let us suffer our so called "punishment" for not believing. Most christians however tend to think its their job to tell us that we are wrong and that we will burn in hell. (This is wrong in your bible btw). Quite frankly christians put themselves out there and because there are so many people and different beliefs, you all end up contradicting yourselves, which makes our arguments hit harder and more accurate
  • Can you say Salman Rushdie?
  • I have come to notice over the years that atheist like to critisize the only religion with the only turn the cheek policy,these days it has become fasion and more acceptable to make fun of christians,dont get me wrong we as christians have our zealots and extremist that mis represent christianity, we also have alot of televangalist whos goal seems to be money drivin. however that makes up only 30% of christians which means 70% of us believe that as christians we MUST help our fellow man or woman, we MUST show compassion, tollarance,forgiveness and love to ALL of GODS creations. dont get me wrong we make mistakes and we slip from time to time, but the core of true CHRISTIANITY is forgivness and compassion. in all my years I have never seen a atheist run homeless shelter, or a womans battered shelter, I have never seen atheism dry deparate tears, give hope were there is no hope or END persicution as in the US forces in Bosnia when the christians there were killing muslims even when other christians are wrong we over here will put them in check also as with tim mcviey and ok city bombing we will fix our idiots when churches are currupt we hold them accountable and will prosicute, athiest on the other hand complain when their is some prayer issue (which you would think with them being athiest shouldnt matter either way)or if christmas is offending you in some strange way. YET you never critisize islam,satanist,witchcraft,shinto, all religions with very openly destructive values and hateful, if islam had free rain and its way THEY WOULD ROUND YOU UP AND EXICUTE YOU. WITCHCRAFT WOULD CAST SPELLS TO HARM YOU,SATANIST WOULD SACRIFICE YOU IN A BLOOD RITUAL, SHINTOISM YOU WOULD BE PUBLICLY EXICUTED BY BEHEADING(by old standards)the only group that would come to help you would be CHRISTIANS becouse we believe that atrocities like that are un acceptble.yet you critisize us. no matter what you say we will always be there for you and I mean true christians. and thats becouse we we not only have faith in GOD but we will always have faith in YOU and we will always pray for you and we will hope that we get to see you again in the end. you are still brothers and sisters to us and you deserve the best, you deserve a good life you deserve happiness and you deserve friendship EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN BAD, IF YOU EVER WANT TO TALK OR YOU NEED A SHOULDER TO LEAN ON YOU CAN ALWAYS DEPEND ON ME IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE ABOUT RELIGION IT CAN BE ABOUT ANYTHING I AM HERE. BECOUSE THATS WHAT A CHRISTIAN IS SUPPOSED TO DO. GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY AND ALL.
  • Probably because most ABers come from countries with Christian backgrounds. And it's Christians, mostly, who want to teach Creationism in schools and pass laws that reflect their morality.
  • Because give their choices many xtians would have atheists tortured or put in internment camps (forced labor camps) until atheists admitted that they accept christ as their savior even if under our breath we cursed your silly nonsense nonstop. Don't try to deny that many xtians would GLADLY have ALL atheists rounded up and silenced by force. Denying that is akin to denying your own gawd.
  • They learned from Salman Rushdie who criticized Islam. He had to live under a death threat from Islamists for years. Criticizing Christians only gets them satisfaction, no death threats.
  • It's there. I like to think I disbelieve in all gods equally (because I do) but to be honest I never run into a really overbearing offensive irritating Hindu trying to convert me or telling me I don't exist. I'm not saying they wouldn't, I'm just saying I live in a predominantly Christian community and they just don't get the opportunity.
  • Probably because most is known about Christianity. I don't really think people understand other religions as well as Christianity. Unless you took a World Religions class or study Ancient Religions like Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism..and also Christianity. I think it easy to look at the whole picture of Religion and say "I don't like" or "Why would you do that?" and not look deeper into it. Find out why Buddhist do this and why Hindu's do that:) Why do Catholics believes and why do Christians believe this..I think it is mostly about being ignorant:)(To be honest) and I believe we are all guilty of it--Christians and Atheist!
  • Why do Christians focus on criticizing everyone different from them? I don't criticize anyone for having faith, so don't include me in your generalization when it is so very, very wrong.
  • Well, Atheists in the West most often come into contact with Christianity, and the proselytization associated with it. In the US, it is Christian belief that the Religious Right attempts to codify into law that the rest of us have to follow. It isn't Hindus who want Creationism taught in Biology classes, either, or who want to require school prayer. All the Atheists I know are equal opportunity unbelievers, though.
  • Not even atheists will risk suicide bombings.