• Home grown or already made -OTC kind? Home Remedies for joint pain * Warm bath is a highly useful water treatment for joint pains. * Massaging the affected area with any oil will provide relief from joint pain. * Among fruits bananas are considered as the best for the joints as they provide strength and grease to the joints. * Take 1-2 teaspoonful of turmeric in hot milk. * Carrot juice is highly beneficial as it strengthens the ligaments. * Apple cider vinegar is useful for joint pains treatments. * Rub the aching joints with hot vinegar before going to bed at night. * Two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 2-3 teaspoons of honey dissolved in a small glass of warm water brings relief from joint pains.(Apple cider vinegar has been known to be a huge cure-all for decades) * Exercise increases your joint flexibility and also strengthens your bones. Exercise in water can reduce pain and improves flexibility. Good luck!
  • Some of these may have an effect - Eat plenty of onions and garlic (sorry!). Raw oats eaten with apple and yogurt can ease joint pain. Turmeric works for arthritis - add plenty to food. Alternatively, drink warm milk with a tsp of turmeric in it three times a day. Drink a tsp of cider vinegar, plus honey in a mug of hot water first thing in the morning (this worked like a dream for me). Or the juice of a lemon in hot water with honey. Nettle tea works too. Peppers contain a chemical called capsaicin, which is known to help a body control pain somewhat. Hope these help.
  • I have osteo arthritis in my hands and REALLY BAD in my knees. I have taken Celebrex and have had cortisone and Synvisc injected into my knees. I found a product that allowed me to get off Celebrex and actually works much better. It is a glucosamine/chondroitin complex and is in a very pure form, and IT works !! If you want you can read more about it at www.glcdirect.com Hope this helps. Good luck : ) ....and NO !! This isn't a plug for any company, and I don't get anything for recommending it. It just really has helped me. Note : If you do try it, get the capsule form. It's MUCH easier to take.
  • I heard if you stop eating wheat it helps no end.
  • one tea spoon of ginseng with milk at bed time mix bswellia + pepper+ ginger+ cedar wood pwder all in equal quantity and 1/2 spoon in mornig and 1/2 spoon in evening with milk gives excellent result
  • I have two herniated discs plus all my joints are starting to ache....but this has made a huge diff for me. Chicken collagen (has glucosamine) condroitin MSM hyaluronic acid All taken in large doses
  • Castor oil is a natural herbal remedy that helps me a lot with pain in my finger joints. I cut the ends off the fingers of a rubber glove and a cloth glove, soak the cloth glove with castor oil, put it on, put the rubber glove over it and keep it on while typing in Answerbag. I hardly ever take painkillers anymore.
  • Warm bath is a highly useful water treatment for joint pains. Ayurveda says that joint pains come under Vatha dosha and heat treatment relieves pain. It recommends massaging the affected area with gingelly (sesame) oil in the night provides relief from joint pain. The herbs useful are dried ginger powder, garlic and asafetida. We have to understand that these measures do not work overnight but continuous treatment can definitely alleviate the trouble
  • turmeric, glucosamine, condroitin, msm, australian dream cream, enzymes, etc. check out the New Chapter website
  • I am 72 1nd have osteoarthritis and I was prescribed vioox Baycol and Bextra. They all had death as a side effect. I lived and found permanent relief by drinking GOJI 100 from genesis today. I still have arthritis but I have little if any pain. I was always in pain while on medication. http://genesistoday.com and check it out.
  • isn't arnica gel supposed to be good for that sort of thing.
  • i take glucosamine and condroitin and swear by it. works like a dream!
  • There's a pain relief product made from willow tree bark that's been used since at least Hippocrates' day. On top of working for pain, it's recently been noted to have some protective effects against heart disease and stroke. Have you heard of aspirin?
  • Well, chili peppers and the such are supposed to be good, as well as arnica. I had a sudden onset of gout the other day (which was odd), and I kept on a poultice of plantain tea, which really helped, so maybe that would work with other kinds of joint pain as well.
  • I avoided a third cortisone injection or possible operation by using comfrey cream on my tennis elbow. It's brilliant for all sorts of ailments. Article and recipe to make your own here: http://www.1pic4twenty.co.za/comfrey.htm
  • glucosamine/chondroitin 1500 is what I use, it works wonders.
  • I have a friend who eakes a tsp. apple cider vinegar every day and says that takes care of it. Myself, I was diagnosed with arthritis 10 years ago and noticed that sleeping with air on my arms outside the covers hurt badly. I began sleeping in a down sleeping bag and have not had any pain at all in my joints since then. I think this works because it keeps the body at an even temperature during the time when you are most vulnerable to temperature changes...Whatever....I feel that it has basically, saved my life!
  • Mangosteen juice is full of xanthones that reduce inflammation. Xango brand is the origional and most potent. It is the one I used for my fibromyalgia symptoms.
  • Absolutely! Alfalfa for bone formation, Boswalia for reducing inflammation, Cat's claw for arthritis pain,(DO NOT use cat's claw during pregnancy), Ginger has antiinflammatory effects.
  • VITAMIN D - get the highest and purest form! It will cure your ailments no doubt -
  • Swiss Cheese medical marijuana
  • I am a big fan of arnica montana which you let dissolve under your tongue. It's great for bruises, sore muscles and in my experience joint pain. You can get it at any good natural foods store, Sunflower Market and Whole Foods are my sources in Tucson...
  • White Willow Bark 1. White willow bark is a plant native to Asia and Europe. The bark of the white willow tree contains salicin, a precursor of aspirin. It works by reducing the production of pain-causing chemicals called prostaglandins, which can cause inflammation in the joints and elsewhere. According to Umm.edu, white willow bark is as effective as aspirin at treating certain types of pain, often with a lower risk of side effects like stomach bleeding. White willow may be taken in capsule form or as a tincture, powder or decoction. To make tea using white willow, simply add one to two grams of bark to seven ounces of water and boil for 10 minutes. Cayenne 2. Cayenne is a pepper from the nightshade family. When applied topically to painful joints, cayenne causes an irritant effect, thereby distracting from pain and desensitizing the neurons responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. The active compound in cayenne is capsaicin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties when taken internally. To make a topical salve using cayenne, simply sprinkle two heaping tablespoons of cayenne powder into 10 tablespoons of a carrier, such as lard, lotion or cocoa butter. Apply directly to joints for temporary relief. Ginger 3. Ginger is a tuber with anti-inflammatory properties. It contains a number of active alkaloids, among them shogaols and gingerols. When applied topically, ginger causes a warming sensation that helps ease pain by improving circulation to the affected area. Ginger can be taken in supplement form, added to food or brewed into tea for its anti-inflammatory effects. According to MedScape.com, the daily recommended dose for treating rheumatoid or osteoarthritis pain is 500 to 1,000 milligrams. Cherry Juice and Extract 4. Cherry is a commonly eaten fruit from the Prunus genus. The active alkaloids in cherries---anthrocyanadins---work by reducing inflammation in muscles and joints. In addition, the high antioxidant content of cherries can help lower bodily levels of nitric oxide, a compound that may contribute to arthritis pain. While cherries make a healthy snack, their active compounds must be concentrated in order to obtain medicinal benefits. Cherry juice and supplements containing cherry extract are generally recommended over the whole fruit for treating joint pain caused by arthritis. Warning 5. Herbs can change the way certain drugs affect the body, so talk to your doctor before trying a new herbal product if you take medication. Joint pain can sometimes signal a more severe condition. If you experience joint pain that comes on suddenly or is accompanied by symptoms such as fever or rash, seek medical attention to avoid potentially serious outcomes.
  • without getting into herbs etc ,, that you are most likely not able to find at the ready ---- i suggest you reasearch gin soaked white rasins .many people swear by it .. good luck ;-)
  • Glucosamine for dogs. Sounds weird but way better than regular human kind. Advice from a doc.
  • WD40 just spray it on your achy joint and your good
  • turnneric is supposed to be a good one
  • Medical Marijuana if you are of age.