• Who said there was anything wrong with it?
    • Tim Porari
      Hi Linda - nice to meet you! Thanks for answering my first question- and lots of my Christian friends think I am nuts for believing that because there are only a chosen few being saved... etc. I latch on to verses like "God is Love" and "Mercy triumphs over judgement" and "One day every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father" after which he allegedly sends them all to hell??? (except us "chosen few"?
      Well I don't personally believe we are punished for Adam's sin, though it did separate us from God's presence, but this is America and people are free to believe whatever they wish. Of course others are free to disagree with you - that's their choice. God is the one who gave us the right to disagree and to choose not to believe if we so wish. I don't believe only a chosen few are being saved. Especially when you consider how many have lived on earth since the creation! And God doesn't send anyone to hell, their choices do. I've had particular verses resound within me, but I try to take The Bible as a whole and pray for understanding from The Spirit. What others think has nothing to do with my personal relationship with My God, and they are entitled to their beliefs. They are not entitled to tell me what I SHOULD believe or that what I believe is wrong. That's my choice.
  • Jesus cleanses us from Adams sin but we still need to believe and DO what Jesus said. (Luke 6:46) “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say? (Matthew 7:21-23) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’ (2 Thessalonians 1:8) in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. (James 2:19-21) You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? (Jude 3-5)
    • Texasescimo
      Also Tim, if you read this. According to the Bible, Free will does not mean freedom from consequences. (Proverbs 14:12) There is a way that seems right to a man, But in the end it leads to death. (Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) I take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the curse; and you must choose life so that you may live, you and your descendants, 20?by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice, and by sticking to him, for he is your life and by him you will endure a long time in the land that Jehovah swore to give to your forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” ..... .... .... ....The issue of Jehovah God's sovereignty and allowing free will and suffering the consequences of disobedience has led to untold suffering. The free will is the part that many don't get and have issue with. If God immediately killed everyone that misused their free will, many of those same people would complain that some of the ones that were killed had better ideas than God and question rather God had the best way of living since he didn't give the other ideas a chance to flourish to see rather we needed God or not. As it is, rebellion is being allowed for a time but God will reverse the affects of death and pain inflicted on mankind. _________---------_________---- How are you Tim? I haven't heard from you in many years.
  • Hmm. This is interesting for me. Is there a Christian Denomination that believes something similar? Jesus' parables seem to indicate otherwise, but, to be fair to your idea, those were told prior to His death.
  • The sin of Adam was disobedience to the Lord God's command to not eat of the tree of good and evil. Although he knew he should not eat the fruit he did so because of his love for Eve. It was at this point God placed Adam over Eve whereas before they were equal. This continued for 5500 years until Jesus Christ, being the second Adam, was raised from the grave. His resurrection ushered in the Law of Love and once again made all women equal with man. It is necessary to understand all of the Bible the KJV to understand just what is going on. The Bible in itself is only part of the story it takes much study to begin to understand what it all says and means. If you take a verse from here and there it is too easy to twist its meaning.
  • There is nothing wrong with that thinking, Adam by his rebellion brought sin on mankind. Jesus' ransom sacrifice bought back life for mankind. You have to believe in and accept that ransom sacrifice to be reconciled with Jehovah God. In doing so you need to take in the accurate knowledge that will bing you into a relationship with God.