• How else will it be run properly? Would you rather have Satan running your country? And your supposed made up Quote is a lie. If you're going to quote Jesus at lease look it up and do it right, citing book and verse and an actual quote, maybe? Jesus never said those words in the KJV of The Bible I assure you!
    • Butterflies67
      John 17 v 14 Jesus said in prayer to his father, "I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world." NWT 4 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. KJV. I think you need to check your bible as you can see the KJV does say that Jesus' followers were no part of the world.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Butterflies, good comment. I usually study with the Jehovah's Witness, even though there are certain subjects I don't agree with them like Jesus is God and The Trinity. Besides that, keep spreading the Good News on Answerbag so people can start reading the Bible for a change.
      Your quote is incorrect. Jesus does not say "HIS followers..." why would he? And there is no mention of politics that is your assumption that politics is of the world. And even though we are not of this world we do have to live in it and do our best to make it better. However in America we have done a better job at separating church from state. And thank you for providing a proper quote in your comment but its still wrong in the question.
      Jesus hasn't returned yet to establish HIS government on the earth. Would you suggest we live in anarchy till then with no law at all? That's not the counsel HE gave Moses. He instructed Moses to set up judges to judge trespasses and keep the peace. So you're wrong. Not only was Moses a Christian, he was a prophet! And Moses wasn't the only prophet who was a judge. Maybe if you and Jenny would "start reading the Bible for a change", you'd understand what it actually says and stop judging other Christians for what you WRONGFULLY ASSUME they are doing wrong.
  • i dont see anything wrong with it
  • Yes, it is OK for Christians to be in politics. What often happens is they start compromising things with their beliefs and are no better than those whom do not believe.
    • Butterflies67
      True Christians look to God's Kingdom (or government) to rule over the earth. No government of man has been able to solve the problems whether it be war, crime, sickness, poverty,famine. So religious leaders should be focusing on Gods Kingdom rather than getting involved in man's futile governments.
  • No, Jesus wasn't a politician. The primary goal of the Church is not to become a political movement, but a spiritual influence. Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
  • Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.