• Socialism is not pure Socialism anywhere in the world but to try and debate if aspects of socialism are good or bad is ridiculous. It is a preference of the population. Socialism, as it is practiced in Scandinavia, is seen by the people in those countries, as wonderful and they would have it no other way. Recent studies have identified those people as the happiest people in the world with an incredibly high standard of living equivalent to, if not better, than the US. Poverty is rare, health care is almost free, and the educational systems (all schools, including the universities are tuition free) are some of the best in the world and far better than the US. It is no wonder why Scandinavians love it so much but countries can do whatever they like.
      I'm not so sure, OC. The heavy taxes in those utopias are extremely high. 180% taxes on a new car? Doesn't sound so good. And the Prime Minister of Denmark, "I know that some people in the US associate the Nordic model with some sort of socialism. Therefore I would like to make one thing clear. Denmark is far from a socialist planned economy. Denmark is a market economy." Denmark, Norway & Sweden are huge proponents of free trade and capitalism, but with the high taxes to support large government programs, you have companies like IKEA leaving because of the high corporate taxes. Sweden has school vouchers, something the socialists here don't like, believing the state should educate your children. And then you factor in to that mix the simple fact that the Nordic countries are much more culturally homogeneous than the US.
  • She looks insane and is obviously stupid.
      I don't think she has the slightest idea what she's talking about sometimes.