• No I am older than 5.
      You don't put yourself on one either?
  • When I was a child I received a 25 cent allowance each week. This gave me 9 cents for Saturday matinee at the movies, 10 cents for a box of popcorn and 5 cents for a candy bar leaving me with 1 cent I used to buy some Double-Bubble bubble gum. Can't do that today! But that was 1945 and 46. Today I am on an allowance called Social Security which really doesn't give me enough to live on.
      I can live on it (ssdi) but then I've been poor all my life and I'm good at it by now!
      My SS is far below the national average because I was a teacher and didn't pay into SS all those years. Also because I will get some from teacher retirement, SS will take 2/3 rds of it so i will not end up any better off. Because I am almost 80 I cannot get disability although I was working full time as a school bus driver when I had a stroke and lost most of my vision so I could no longer drive. If the government can screw its people it will!
      I've found just the opposite! If not for the VA hospital I'd be dead. The government paid me the best wages I've ever earned, and now the only money I get $750 a month comes from them and I'm also using government assisted housing and I get $15 a month in food stamps! Wait! It sounds to me like the government employed you all your life!
  • no but i feel like i am
  • A Student Allowance is a weekly payment that can help with your living expenses ... You do have to pay back the living costs, as it's part of the Student Loan.
      I'm not a student at the moment. But that's good information to have. However, I try not to go into debt. Some students also get money from their parents, some people give themselves or their spouse a budgeted allowance of sorts for personal items, and some don't even think about how they spend their money.
  • My pay is an ounce of weed per week. I'm a caregiver. Sometimes I "almost" want to care enough to give some to mom. :P
  • kind of , irn on ssi