• Do you expect John to have known it? Anyway even Jews have a form of baptism!
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Your question doesn't answer my question. Thumbs up anyways for giving it a try.
    • Vittorio 'Sam' Manunta-Lowell
      My answer makes sense to ME!
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Since your answer makes sense to you, why would Jesus who is "perfect" get baptized? This is not about the sinful Jews, but about a sinless Savior.
  • To set an example.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thumbs up for sharing.
  • I had to go look this one up although I was told one time years ago. The answer is not easy as it covers many things. One reason was it was required to enter the priest hood. I question this as the Jews would not have required this. Although Jesus was without sin He was confirming life after death and His resurrection. We are born into the life of Jesus and God through baptism and the forgiveness of sin. I am sure there is more because I read only a few of the many references. More people need to take time to do some research even when they think they know the answer.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      These type of religious questions are educative. Putting the pieces to the puzzle is a great way to conclude the metaphor.
  • to set an example for us to follow. And also to show us that Jesus Christ Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit are three separate entities that are one in purpose. The father spoke from heaven when Jesus was baptized in the River Jordan and the Holy Ghost descended in the form of a dove.
  • "To fulfill all righteousness."
    • Iron Mask
      Yep
  • Only as a ceremony to show how God cleanses our sins.
  • He was baptized as an example for us.
  • Ask John the Baptist.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Very witless answer. You still get a thumbs up for trying. Here is a hint. Perhaps Jesus was baptized because: A) To set an example. B) He needed to get baptized. C) For the heck of it. D) Etc.
  • There is no way to PM on this site so I am just going to use this question to PM you: Jennny_Rizzo - your posts and profile are awesome!
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Thanks for your support! Feel free to leave a comment on any subject you find interest in.
  • so we'd learn from him to get baptized ourselves
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Wise answer. You're not as dumb as you look. ;)
    • pearllederman
      didnt realize i looked dumb
    • Rick
      You don't look dumb. Jenny was only joking. That is a phrase I don't hear or see very often anymore. Some used to say "Am I as dumb as you think I look?"
    • pearllederman
      okay, thought she was serious
    • Rick
      That is OK. I have bad days too.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      pearllederman, do you need eyeglasses?
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Rick, some people are just too serious. lol
    • pearllederman
      i already have eyeglasses since im nearsighted