• Absolutely. The highest in the industrialized world.
      I think a lot of taxpayers want to throw them under the bus just so they don't have to pay as much, but I don't think they take into account it's one of the reasons jobs are being outsourced.
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Absolutely. People are always complaining about how the evil corporations are making too much money but the complain about it on Twitter on their iPhones. That means it's only SOME corporations that are evil. If you want good paying job, the guy employing you has to see a benefit to it as well.
      Exactly! They need to cut wasteful spending! Like the government paying hush money!
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Yup. There's a lot of things they need to do. I think the term wasteful spending needs broadened to include a lot of the entitlement programs that the government is paying for, also.
      I'm torn on that one. I know a lot of mentally ill, old, disabled and children would suffer if programs were cut. But I don't think the government should be funding half the citizens, either. I think neighbors should be helping neighbors and churches should help the needy. But the able of mind and body should work. Even the mentally ill, disabled, and old who can should be found jobs they can do and be equipped and trained to do them.
    • Hardcore Conservative
      I'm not talking about those not able to work. I'm talking about those not WILLING to work. There is no incentive. Why work when the government will write me a check and pay my utilities and get me groceries? Hell, they don't even have to attempt to find employment anymore.
  • probably
  • (By the way, with all the loopholes they don't) No If a corporation benefits greatly from infrastructure that allows commerce to flow, or the resources extracted therein, then to have money return to the economy is a win-win. We have now the ultra-rich pulling their influence for their own interest at the cost of quality of life for others. The little guy doesn't have equal representation in our system because of the pull of revenue rich lobbyists.
    • Vittorio 'Sam' Manunta-Lowell
      How about the swamp dwellers? Do the allow themselves to rob everyone? Real 'Bandidos'
    • Hardcore Conservative
      The beauty of our system, Roaring, is that the little guy can vote and put different people into office to represent them. Something they never seem to do.
      If we tax corporations too heavily they will go elsewhere. I have nothing against 3rd world countries getting jobs to help their economies. But isn't it kinda dumb to make corporate taxes so high (as Conservative said the highest in the world!!) we drive off large employers? Our system is good. The corrupt politicians are what's wrong with it. That and apathy on the part of the voters. Also the Corporations do give back in the form of jobs and product.
    • Roaring
      If the Govt gives Corporations huge tax breaks like the 1.5 trillion what do they do? Look at what GM is doing: Closing plants wile enriching themselves and shareholders by buying back their own stock. They are already going elsewhere where they can exploit workers that have no protections from slave pay.
  • probably
  • No; they don't pay enough. Some pay ZERO.
      Which ones?