• If it was a real company, I think it would be a terrible name, but it seems like it's just a shell company to hold the remaining assets. All of the things that make people think of Yahoo (Mail, Finance, Answers, etc.) will be going to Verizon and who knows what they'll be named there.
      Exactly what I was thinking too. Thanks
  • The article mentions a change in the name of the "core businesses" (not clear to me what that encompasses) I don't think changing the name altogether is such a good idea. It's still a powerful and popular brand name. Altaba is simple but not quite as catchy, IMO. (also I hope that doesn't mean I have to change my e mail address! ;))
      The name has a lot to do with Asian interests in Yahoo. I would think your email services will come through Verizon under some other new name. We'll have to wait and see.
  • I think Derek is a good name......
      Yes, it is a good name you have there, isn't it.?
  • 1-12-2017 If they still have the same users and moderators, it's a lousy site no matter what they call it. I'll wait until I hear about their new reputation, if any.
      It'looks like the deal isn't finalized yet, but really that's about all we can do - wait and see.
  • Yuck!
      That would be a better name. : )
  • Yahoo's catchy name is it's main selling point, it would fade off the grid as Altaba, that name is very generic. The article says, however, that Yahoo's selling their "core internet business" and "what's leftover will be called Altaba". I'm not quite sure what this means but 'what's leftover' couldn't possibly refer to Yahoo's primary services (Mail, News, Answers etc). Apparently, Altaba is more or less just a storage container. Ultimately, the core buyer, Verizon will decide the fate of the Yahoo name. Still, I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about this. What will happen to our email addresses? I've had my Yahoo email address for nearly 20-years and everyone in my real life knows and uses it. I'm quite attached to it.