• Fiber is a big one, it helps the body process sugar. Then of course is diet and exercise. And from vitacost.com health library: * Aim for total nutrition with a multivitamin * Help ensure your body is getting the vitamins and minerals it needs to help prevent common infections * Check out chromium * Improve glucose tolerance by taking 200 to 1,000 mcg of this essential trace mineral every day * Fight back with fiber * Under a doctor's supervision, stabilize your blood sugar by eating fiber from whole grains, beans (legumes), vegetables, and fruit, and consider using a fiber supplement such as glucomannan or psyllium * Use a topical ointment * An ointment containing 0.025 to 0.075% capsaicin four times a day might help control nerve pain * Improve and protect with ALA * Take 600 to 1,200 mg a day of an alpha lipoic acid supplement to improve insulin sensitivity and help protect against diabetic complications such as nerve damage
  • Do not, I repeat, do not use homeopathic treatments for diabeties. I don't care if it's type two or type 1. Diabeties is a dangerous desease and needs to be treated by a doctor. Period, end of story. The only way I would even consider using homeopathic treatments is if the doctor prescribed them. And I have seen some of them, down right deadly.
  • Homeopathy has always been successful for my family, I think this site is full of info. There are many great Homeopaths . I use a woman from California who is successfully working on my family with polio, autism, adrenal fatique and the list goes on. I was looking for a site that you can look through. There are ayervedic treatments also, chinese meds, these are all wonderful! I know a naturapath that is really good if you ever want info. I do not do mainstream meds. These "doctors" treat symptoms and hand out life long meds" http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/health/1202003/
  • While I understand your interest in alternative therapies I wish to stress how very dangerous it is to try to manage a condition like diabetes without traditional medical methods. Diabetes carries the risk of irrepairable damage to your eyes, brain and internal organs and could very easily kill you if it were to get badly out of control. Please use the advice of a qualified medical doctor to treat and manage your diabetes. I have heard and seen many people manage their diabetes more effectively by addressing their diet. A surgical treatment for type II diabetes has also proven extremely effective for morbidly obese people. It removes a portion of the upper part of the small intestine and has proven to reverse type II diabetes within a few days. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=12409659
  • http://www.keralawebsites.com/index.php?action=jump&jumpto=1000 I am trying to buy thjis for someone just have not delved in yet. very interesting site though that you might want to see
  • If you are overweight, bring your weight down to a healthy level by eliminating sugary drinks and junk food from your diet. Instead, aim for 8 servings of vegetables every day, and increase the amount of fiber in your diet by adding whole grains and eliminating white flour. After you eat, go for a brisk walk.
  • no, dont know of any