• Now that is a great question and one I've wondered myself!! It seems very hypocritical for sure!
  • because they condemn others in their self righteousness....do not misunderstand...you have to stand for what you believe and so do they...but they have no earthly or 'heavenly' right to hate and especially judge and condemn another as to God's Judgement...that's HIS and HIS alone.... just walk away...God will get em'.....:)
  • The Bible does not say "thou shalt not judge" -- the verse is "judge not, that ye be not judged". This is from Matt. 7:1, and is usually interpreted by Christians as meaning "one should not judge others with a harsh spirit or without due cause". Here's some basic variations on interpretation: http://bible.cc/matthew/7-1.htm If you can cite a specific example of somebody "hating on you", it would be easier to provide an opinion of why they're doing that.
  • Are you using the odious term ' hating on' in its slang sense of 'disagree with?' If so, why can you not stand people who disagree with you? Are you really so intolerant?
  • Because they feel that 'judging' is something that only they are allowed to do.
  • Unfortunately, many people who claim to be Christians are like that. If they are, I would say they are not a true Christian or they are very disconnected with God at the moment (but in all honesty, it's not my place to judge, as you have pointed out - it's God's). A Christian should have a loving heart, just like the Lord. And keep in mind, Christians are just like everyone else - we're not perfect and make more than our fair share of mistakes.
  • I have to admit, I used to get mad at atheists because they go out of their way to bash something that means them no harm, just the opposite! And theyre outright obsessed with the destruction of good. They can feign otherwise, but look how many atheists have an obsessive hatred of all religion on this site? Now I just see them as detached from Truth. Mostly harmless. Extremely boring. Like cardboard cutouts walking around just like real living beings. There should be more zombie crossings. I mean theyre not dangerous, but they are a traffic hazard. Oops.. just lapsed back into my old anger.. sorry. Only human ya know..
  • well i think it's wrong to judge ppl and i believe only God can judge ppl... so i don't think those who are judging you are being truly christian if they are judging you.
  • Because they're not a true Christians. We as people are not here to judge anyone. God is about love not hatred. I wouldn't allow those individuals to affect you because they don't count. True Christians follow God's word and God professes love.
  • Even the best of Christians have a limit to what they're willing to take. After all...they're only human.
  • For several reasons: 1. Most people don't handle having the basis of their entire belief system questioned or ridiculed. 2. Christians are, after all, only forgiven humans. 3. Many who call themselves "christians" have no real faith of their own, having "inherited" what little faith they DO have from mommie and daddy.
  • First, hating people is against the principles of Christianity. Are you confusing hate with disagreement? The Bible actually says: "Stop judging, that you may not be judged." (Matthew 7:1) This is followed by: "You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:5) Put together this is not a prohibition against recognizing the faults of others, but against passing judgment in a spirit of arrogance while forgetting one's own faults. With love in Christ.
  • Well...I suppose actions speak louder than words. LoL. It isnt a commandment though. But its like Bob Marley said... “Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.” A person can never judge anothers actions. Becuase it may not be their intentions. I dont believe Christians are to "Hate" either, but show love to one another. Are they christian?...Or is it their "title?"
  • the bible is very hateful christians hate us for not agreeing with us today 1000 years ago they where burning us heretics no respect http://godisimaginary.com/video2.htm
  • Maybe because you are one *Wild and crazy person*?:)
  • It's kind of funny that a group of people who constantly tell people not to judge others are, at the same time, the most judgmental group of people on the planet. I guess it just proves that the more you claim you are something, the less you probably are. Kind of like Fox News with shit like "Fair and balanced," "We Report, You Decide," and "The No Spin Zone." Sweet Jesus.
  • Hey Christians hate on me too and I'm considered a Christian. The "Jesus Freaks" out there that think they are holier than thou are so self obsorbed it's pathetic. They think they are living for God and doing all good. They aren't. They haven't realized it yet. Next time you hear one of them say something rude, remind them that God would not agree with their behavior. That should shut them up. God Bless! My definition of a Jesus Freak is someone who makes the rest of us look bad. An out of control person who has committed more sins in their life than probably most of us and is trying way too hard to cover that up. Tis a sad world we live in.
  • it doesn't say "don't judge", it says "don't judge unless you are willing to be judged by the same set of standards" ... it actually encourages us to judge, to decide whether our actions and our beliefs (and those of others) are in tune with what the Bible says
  • Even Christians can act unchristian. However, if you mean they hate you because they tell you that you are doing something immoral, then they don't hate you, they love you and are trying to help you. We don't judge as to who is going to heaven/hell. We use the Scriptures (God's Word) as our basis for correcting a person.
  • isn't the part of the bible in which it says, "thou shalt not judge" addressing the jewish people? christians have been judging and kill one another and every one else since they gained power in rome.
  • I doubt this is true. What is more likely true is that you are the instigator just as you are demonstrating yourself to be now.
  • They hate me too. I say F*ck em! Too much hate in the world because people want others to be clones of the way they think. Be happy that you are who you are and don't let them bother you. They have no power over you and what happens to you unless you let them.
  • Since you are non judgemental and follow the Bible you are safe ,if they are judging you then they are at fault.
  • Because everyone of us are hypocrites in disguise.
  • You use the verse out of context and probably against a Christian that is confronting you about something sinful that you are doing. Most unbelievers, who otherwise do not live the Bible, do invoke "judge not" when they are being confronted about their sin (from my experience).
  • I live in the Bible-belt and being non-christian isn't easy. At age 32 with kids, it is a challenge for me to raise them according to my personal, and very non-christian beliefs. I spent many hours pondering on what it means to not judge because I am so often judged by the christians around me. After lots of soul-searching on what it means to me, it occurred to me that all people judge. It is not only natural, but right for everyone to judge the people and environment they choose to surround themselves by. The epiphany that I had was the wrongness to judge a person by their spiritual beliefs. A person's spiritual faith, whether it be christian, buddist, muslim, atheist, etc... is between them and the higher entity, (or lack of one,) they have. How dare someone judge another persons beliefs because they have a different one. A christian of all people should be the last to cast judgment on someone’s life because it is against what they claim to believe in. Where I live in the Bible-belt, the different christian churches judge each other due to small differences in church doctrine. It seems to me many people won't think past what their church teaches. Christians worship a book and a man. When talking to a christian I only hear about Jesus and the Bible. Seems silly to worship a book and man but if the person believes it to be true, than it is for them. I compare one’s faith to what a parent's love for their children is. Each child has a different and special place in a parent's heart because each child is a unique individual. Just because my children are different doesn’t mean I love them less, nor does it mean one child is better than the other. It is the same with faith. It can be different without being evil or wrong. Christians just haven't seemed to figure that one out yet. Often when I am in a public place and the person behind the desk has an attitude like they are better than me, more than likely they are in church every Sunday. I sometimes have asked a person if their behavior was especially rude just for curiosity sake. So far every person I have asked has been more than glad to tell me the name of their church. I base my life on trying to treat people as I expect to be treated. Being a good person is much more important to me than being a christian. It is hard when so often I am told that my kids and I will go to hell, but I try to set a good example with my behavior towards people and life. Walking away feeling like I behaved like the better person is not only rewarding, it also teaches my children good behavior towards those that behave badly. The hating we non-christians receive becomes their problem when we are at eternal peace with ourselves and beliefs. I find that I pity the christian people I deal with more than dislike them. They would rather act ignorant and self-righteous than follow the golden rule that can be found in all faiths across the world, treat others like you want to be treated.
  • A true christian will not hate you, but will point out to you what Jesus asked...in the Bible.... Then it is up to you to change or not, (Romans 10:17) So faith follows the thing heard. In turn the thing heard is through the word about Christ. HAVE YOU LISTENED? (James 2:17-18) Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself. 18 Nevertheless, a certain one will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith by my works.” (James 2:21-22) Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he had offered up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected, (James 2:26) Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead. (Romans 10:14) However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER AND YOU HAVE A PROGRAM OF WORKS...NOT HATE...
  • Quite simply, if you hate, then you are not following your "religion".
  • Cos they are all in denial about the truth. They are really suffering from a delusion and, as expected, they are clinging to this NO MATTER WHAT and it causes a strong frustration/rage when they are confronted with evidence contrary to the delusion. . This happens in mental hospitals all the time and the only reason that they are not normaly treated the same in society is because the delusion is so wide spread that it is accepted as someones right. . Nobody should suffer with an illness. Especially an illness of the mind. They need out help but they dont know it. . I speak the truth.
  • I have always had issues with hatred, hypocritical or out in the open. The people are not always as true as their faith.