• just take it. it wont hurt if your not pregnant. its just a precaution. if you really are pregnant do you want to have the child of the man who raped you? im def pro life, but really its not that big of a deal. ive taken it before. dont be scared, but make sure you take it at the right time.
  • Ruby, im so sorry to read this, i havent the first clue what you must be going through, but please take the pill the hospital gave you. You MUST also go and see your gynae, its important honey.. please can you get a friend or someone to go with you?? and dont be embarrassed YOU have done NOTHING wrong ok? let me know how you are doing... ((((Hugs))))
  • I am so sorry to hear that. (((HUGS I know it is a hard choice, one I wouldnt want to make, I cant tell you what you should do, but I can tell you to think about things. What are you afraid of will happen if you take this pill? Would you be able to keep a baby from the rape? Do you ave a friend that you can talk to, that help you decide, someone that knows your feelings on this subject? Please go to your Gyno, to make sure their isnt any further damage.
    • Mircat
      The abortion pill is RU-486. Plan B just makes your period start.
  • The plan B pill isn't an abortion pill. It will potentially prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in your uterus, meaning it will never even become an embryo, let alone a fetus. It isn't intended to abort something that is already attached and growing inside you. (which, by the way, doesn't happen overnight.) If you have questions about how the pill works - discuss it with your doctor.
  • At the risk of sounding cynical - the hospital staff who prescribed you the Plan B pill would not have given it to you if they did not feel that you fully and completely understood the way in which it works and the time frame in which it was to be taken to be effective (72 hours). The Plan B pill is not a compulsory part of post-rape counselling and is normally only given after a rape-kit has been done that has detected semen. Again - why wasn't this explained to you? An abortion is the removal of a fetus from the womb. The Plan B pill PREVENTS pregnancy. I find it somewhat hard to believe that these very simple facts were not explained to you. I would suggest attending more crisis counselling to help you deal with the unfathomable plethora of emotions you are no doubt experiencing after being raped. I know from first hand experience, counselling/therapy is the ONLY way to heal.
    • Mircat
      Plan B makes a period start. RU-486 is the abortion pill.
  • That pill prevents you from becoming pregnant, it does not give you an abortion. Take the pill, it's okay, you're not killing an unborn child because that pill, if taken within 72 hours, prevents you from becoming pregnant in the first place. I'm sorry for all that you've been through. Know that you are not alone, God is with you and He can give you great comfort. Matthew 11:28–30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him (GOD) because he cares for you." 2 Corinthians 1:3–4 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our troubles"
  • The pill is not about an abortion but about preventing to get pregnant.. so if you are against abortion, it is still safe to take it. That having said: I don't know you but I am extremely sorry for what happened to you! I know from a first hand experience, long time ago now, how traumatizing this is. I really hope that you have people around you who give you all the support you need! A big hug for you and I wish you all the strength!
  • Im very sorry to hear of this atrocious wrong that was done to you. I hope you are getting along with this and remember that God loves you. You are Gods and you are very special to him. Pray to him in this time of need and he eill help you. Im sorry my friends. I love you and ill oray for you. I hope you are getting along well
    • kevonb129
      Dont get an abortion
    • Mircat
      Plan B makes periods start. RU-486 is the abortion pill. If god loved her why did he allow the rape and s trauma that will stick to her for her life?
  • That pill would not be an abortion but please do you think so little of yourself or really have nothing better to do in your life than carry the child of a man you didn't want who forced himself on you?
  • RU-486 is the abortion pill. The Plan B pill is NOT an abortion pill. The longer you wait the less chance it has of working. It makes your period start.
  • just tell them that, if you get pregnant you can always give the baby up for adoption
  • It's your life and it could be changed pretty radically for a decision that was made in the heat of passion. The plan B pill is no more of an "abortion" than menstruation. You only get one life, there are no do-overs for life and the Plan B pill will help insure you live your life the way you intend to live it.
  • How do you know you are pregnant? They didn't do a test on you. Just go to your regular doctor to get a pregnancy test. Don't take the pill if it is against your wishes.