• Yes, you do. This changed about two years ago.
  • Before June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens do not necessarily need a passport entering Canada by land or sea, but need valid ID that proves identity and citizenship. Currently, everyone arriving in Canada by air needs a passport or equivalent travel document, such as a NEXUS Card. More details:
  • the passport card will do the trick
  • The law has changed or is changing to this........ Everyone must now have a passport to enter the United States. You can leave the U.S., but you will now need a passport to re-enter. New law.
  • they keep changing the law up here in AK as we travel into and out of Canada a lots.
  • yes you do. Don't leave home without it.
  • I've entered Canada, through a land port-of-entry, many times in 2009 and never has a passport been requested. Mais, ATTENTION!!! The U.S. has become very, very strict in the past year, about documentation of persons attempting to enter the US, even though they may be US citizens. Check the U.S. Department of State website, or, if about to enter Canada, stop at a US border crossing station and ask what will be required in order to return (Absolutely critical, if you wish to stop and ask, stop BEFORE passing the inspection building site). (Cheerful postscript: presenting one's self at a U.S. border inspection station in an attempt to enter the US is considered to be a consent to a warrantless search, once again, even though you may be a U.S. citizen.)
  • Yes or an enhanced Drivers license.

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy