• It is important that the name the Social Security Administration (SSA) has in its system for your social security number agrees with the name on your tax return. You have a choice. You can file with your maiden name and contact the Social Security Administration after you file your return. Or, if you have enough time before the due date of your return, you can contact the Social Security Administration and have your records changed. Please wait 10 days to file your tax return. To change the name shown on your social security card, you need to complete Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card. You can obtain Form SS-5 by calling SSA at 1-800-772-1213 or visiting your local SSA office. Note: Form SS-5 is filed with SSA. The Social Security Administration will issue you a new security card reflecting your married name and automatically send an update to us.
  • maybe you should call them up and change it then

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy