• This answer comes mainly from experience in the California system, but should apply to all other states: Most courts have a panel of private attorneys that have agreed to take cases for reduced fees for people accused of crimes, but who are not indigent. They take people that make too much money to qualify for a public defender, but not enough money to pay "full" prices for a private attorney.
  • Call your local public defenders office and ask your question. you can always represent yourself in court, but i would not recommend this, especially in a felony case.
  • Legal Aid is the best resource for you, I think. You can find a phone number for your local Legal Aid organization in the blue pages of your phonebook. If that doesn't help you. A good Reference Librarian in your county library is a great resource.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy