• surely Not
  • Probably not.
  • When Trump was promoting the vaccines, Kamala Harris was taking potshots at them. You gonna' sue her?
    • pipey
      Got any actual evidence of that?
    • Victorine
      Kamala Harris was NOT trying to convince people not to get vaccinated. Don't even try to imply that, sweetie. It's so obviously untrue. And little Donnie never really promoted vaccines. He got them himself and tried to take credit for their development, but he didn't want to upset his base full of people who ridiculously think they'll be microchipped or lose their fertility if they are vaccinated, so he didn't push the vaccines hard.
    • Chicagoan
      "Got any actual evidence of that?" Of course he doesn't. It's a bald-faced lie, like his typical posts.
  • Their commentators can legally express opinions, no matter how stupid, on any subject. Everyone has a right to do so. Someone whose loved one died because he or she believed a Fox opinion might try to sue, but such a suit wouldn't get far.
  • Of course. In the U.S., any individual or corporation can be sued for any thing. (Note that some U.S. governments can NOT be sued, especially under certain conditions.) It's not likely that the suit you describe would SUCCEED, but the suit can certainly be brought.
  • No. They have the same protection under the first amendment as the fake news madia.
    • Hulk70156
      Fox Founder, Rupert Murdoch say's he's appalled at what is going on there. https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/former-fox-news-exec-slams-network-over-vaccine-misinformation-20210717-p58ain.html
    • Hulk70156
      You mean the Fox News Media.
    • 1465
      No, I mean CNN, MSNBC, New York Slimes, etc.
    • Hulk70156
      Dude, I don't care if you want to die. Seriously! But I do care that you guys are filling up emergency rooms. When that happens we all go back to wearing masks and Phase 1, like they are in Los Angeles. If you want to kill yourself help yourself. I have no objection - just don't take me with you. I want to live even if you don't.
    • 1465
      I wonder what "brainwashed" really feels like - maybe you could enlighten the class.
    • Hulk70156
      You already know what being brainwashed means. You don't need me to tell you.lol
    • Hulk70156
      @1465 Why do you think all the Fox News Broadcasters like Laura Ingram and Tucker Carlson are vaxed? And you aren't? They want you to die.
    • 1465
      The last I heard, it was a matter of choice. They chose to, I do not. I do not hide under my bed. I came from a generation that developed a strong immune system.
    • Hulk70156
      Forget it. You can't be helped. I give up.
    • 1465
      I doubt it.
    • Chicagoan
      "I wonder what "brainwashed" really feels like" - ask all the Republicans who are on respirators right now, dying in hospitals all over the US. Even the GOP GOVs of Alabama and Louisiana are calling you a bunch of idiots. So funny to watch your own ilk eat their young. But frankly, I don't care. STUPID is often the big factor in natural selection, and you are losing.
    • 1465
      Keep telling yourself that.
  • Theoretically a wrongful death suit could be brought against particular hosts who convinced someone who later died of Covid not to get vaccinated. The really hypocritical thing is that Fox required people to be vaccinated before returning to the office, so all the on-air personalities telling people to avoid it have been vaccinated themselves.
    • Hulk70156
      That's a great answer thanks.
  • I believe Fox aka Faux news and every other news station, newspaper, magazine and news website is protected under the US Constitution with the freedom of speech, and expression. This includes freedom of the press.
    • Chicagoan
      They are NOT protected by spreading false, misleading and/or dangerous information that results in harm or death to other people.