• Just the way you phrased your question shows your level of anger at the religious people out there. Seems to show a bit of hypocrisy, IMHO.
    • Shadow
      I am not angry towards religious nut jobs who I do not feel anything towards so you have it wrong
    • dalcocono
      See, your use of the derogatory term "religious nut jobs" just reinforces my statement. You seem to think that the religious of the world are some fringe minority who are irrelevant. The opposite is actually true. Quote from a couple of seconds of online search; "Overall, 84 percent of the world’s inhabitants, which it estimated at 6.9 billion, identify with a religion, according to the study entitled “ The Global Religious Landscape” issued by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life on Tuesday." So, it seems you might belong to the fringe group throwing stones at the rest of the world.
    • Shadow
      I do not belong to a group as I am an individual. At least I'm not brainwashed into religious bull$hit unlike others. Their religious delusions are irrelevant and contribute to the corruption of the world.
    • 1465
      Just the fact that you call them "religious nut jobs" is hypocritical and stereotyping of your own. Attacking them without provocation makes the assumption that they are a threat to you; therefore you fear them for some reason. I would suggest that the "anger" you are so worried about is a valid issue.
    • dalcocono
      No, mr. shadow, statistically, you belong to the 14% minority of global inhabitants don't who believe in something or another. You can piously proclaim your lack of "bullshit brain washing" and call the religious beliefs of 85% of the world population "delusions" but those claims can also be called delusional and brain washed by others. You don't have any moral high ground here. Your claims are no more provable than their claims are. You only have your opinion and that hasn't been proven accurate.
    • Shadow
      User 1465, I do not fear them. That is your assumption. I do not feel anything towards the religious whose heads are on cloud nine.
    • Shadow
      dalcocono, you like labelling people for instance you like to call people with a different view as a minority. I like knowledge and facts therefore belief does not apply to me. You have no clue what you're saying and you don't like to bother hearing me out because I think you have selective hearing. The religious are obviously delusional as they can't prove their point in the stupid religious claims and don't have a backup. They are obviously brainwashed into believing fantasies such as "god" and bull$hit. I am a moral person which you don't understand because you don't know me. Of course I have my own opinion. Atheism is based on reality which the religious fail to grasp because they are on cloud nine. Atheists have come to terms with reality and the physical world around them. If you don't understand that, it's your own loss.
    • dalcocono
      How cute, and you say I "like labeling people"! Read back thru your rant mr. shadow. You are throwing labels out at random all thru it. I never accused you of any immorality, and I read carefully everything you posted so far. All you have here are your own opinions of reality, no evidence, and some generic accusations against the 85% percent of the world population who believe in something. As I said, STATISTICALLY, you are in the minority in the world. That is just an observation according to the numbers sir, not an accusation of any sort. Your question began with WHY do religious nut jobs etc etc. Most western believers don't care a bit if you are an atheist or not, until you begin to insult them.
    • Shadow
      The minor numbers of people who are atheist in the world are misunderstood by 85% of religious people
    • dalcocono
      Possibly, I don't know but certainly possible. As I said, most western believers don't care until they are called out or feel as though they've been verbally assaulted over their beliefs. The sort of things you have said here could get you imprisoned or killed in many parts of the world today.
    • Shadow
      Well it’s a good thing I don’t live in those parts of the world as I am entitled to express my atheism which the religious have a problem with. After all, the religious like to resort to violence or go against a person who is different to them. They are bullies
    • dalcocono
      Not usually, in western society. The religious don't really spend a lot of time with atheists on their mind. Yes indeed, thankfully you are one of the lucky ones born to western society with the religious freedoms many nations do not have. I think you will find that if you stop calling them names like "brainwashed, delusional, and stupid, they won't pay much attention to you at all. They aren't really bullies, they feel they are defending themselves against your words.
    • Shadow
      They are psychological bullies because they like forcing their views on others. The religious expect others around them to believe what they believe in. Psychologically they are bullies. I am just saying things as they really are when I say the religious are brainwashed and delusional. They don’t like listening to the truth.
    • dalcocono
      That's completely untrue. You saying that they expect everybody to believe as they do is wrong. You keep attacking them and their beliefs with what you insist is "the truth" and you accuse them of being delusional because they don't believe you are right. It has become pretty obvious why you seem to have trouble with the religious people around you. Even though you are as incapable of proving your way of thinking is actually true, as they are, you insist on degrading their way of thinking as delusions and brain washing. I'm pretty sure they could say the same things about you. You seem to be trying to force your beleifs onto them with little success and it annoys you, so you attack them passively aggressively by insulting their intelligence. As I said before, 85-86% of the world population think the same way about you, and your ideas.
    • Shadow
      It sounds like you are defending them. Whose side are you on? I don’t attack anyone. That’s not my nature.
    • dalcocono
      I'm not taking a side here. This is YOUR fight, and you ARE attacking them with every insult you hurl against their intelligence. All I'm saying is that when people are insulted, they will usually respond in kind. If you turned down your rhetoric against them, they would in turn leave you alone. It's a simple case of "what goes around comes around" IMHO. Peace.
    • Shadow
      Since you’re not taking anyone’s side, could you at least be open minded and hear me out? I do like to make a point. I’m only stating a point of view without a fight. I don’t use my hands and feet to fight. I use words to make a point which you may perceive as being attacking towards the religious. In fact I am a person of peace if you get to know me more. I have my inner peace and I think everyone should find their inner peace without creating war among each other
    • dalcocono
      I agree with that completely. Peace is good, especially inner peace. All I'm suggesting to you is that you choose words less challenging and offensive if you are after an real discussion with the religious people you disparage.. You can't expect to begin an exchange of ideas with a slap to the face, IMHO.
    • Shadow
      I could have a real discussion with them if they leave their religion out of it and talk about other things that are meaningful
    • dalcocono
      Not if you choose to insult them first. Name calling has never been good for any productive dialogue.
    • Shadow
      If they keep their religious thoughts to themselves there would be less arguing and make conversation meaningful
    • dalcocono
      Alrighty then kemosabe, I'm done. Have a nice day.
    • Shadow
      Have a nice day as well
  • It's just another way to attempt to stigmatize them. They need to do that. It's a standard human impulse to make false claims about people with whom you disagree. Believers don't have much on their side but personal faith and conviction, whereas atheists make rational arguments about lack of evidence. Calling atheists "angry" is merely an attempt to suggest they aren't actually rational.
  • Why do you stereotype religious as nut jobs? You're as prejudiced as you claim the religious are. I don't hate atheists, and not all of them are angry, but you seem to be. Maybe that's why you catch anger back, because you shove it at others first.
    • DancesWithWolves
      Tell them, Linda Joy :) :)
    • Shadow
      Linda Joy, a religious nut job is a term for someone who is delusional and unable to prove their point. I am not angry towards them as I don’t feel anything towards people whose heads are on cloud nine so you have the wrong idea. Think before you speak
    • dalcocono
      84% of the world population disagree with you. Some of them might even call you a nut job.
    • Shadow
      Dalcocono, it doesn't matter about the 84% of the world disagreeing with me. They are obviously brainwashed into religious delusions due to peer pressure.
  • plenty of them are very rude I have no time for any of them as ignorance cannot be overcome. They cannot answer questions they just parrot out the crap they were taught and don't understand properly.
  • Maybe those religious people have experienced angry atheist.