• All immigrants obtain US citizenship the same way. You can apply for a visa (whatever kind is relevant to your condition) at the consulate in your country. If a visa is awarded, you need 5 years of legal permanent residency and then you can begin the naturalization procedures.
  • I know a family whose Visa has expired and their driver's licenses have expired. They are basically waiting to get caught. If their son marries a US Citizen, would he still be deported or will he be able to stay and apply for citizenship? Also, if the son has a child who is born in the US, does that change anything?

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy