• They were bound by honor and treaty to do so. They knew Hitler had to be stopped, but of course quailed at the prospect of attacking Germany. Germany obviously didn't just want a return to the 1918 borders.
  • History has proven that Germany had no intention at stopping her expansion at the Sudatenland. Whenever was Moscow, Prague and Paris part of Germany?
      "I don't want war! All I want is peace...peace...peace...! A little piece of Poland, A little piece of France, A little piece of Austria And Hungary, perchance! A little slice of Turkey And all that that entails, And then a bit of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales!" --Mel Brooks "The Producers"
  • Everyone knew it was just a pretense to their expansion plans in Europe. As history proved, Hitler was not satisfied with Poland, Czech, or anything but total conquest.
  • Britain didn't declare war on Germany until Hitler invaded Poland.
  • In 1938 Hitler promised he would not take any more land after the Sudetenland. In early 1939 Hitler invaded the rest of Czechoslovakia. If teh allies let Hitler have the Polish Corridor he would have invaded the rest of Poland anyway. everyone knew in 1939 Hitler would not stop until he ruled the world. So thats we we had to put a stop to him.
  • don't know, might have little something to do with gasing vast amounts of jews
  • For the same reason, I suppose, that the UK will not ngeotiate the sovereignty of the Falkland Isles with Argentina. Too much blood has already been spilt to allow a defeated oppressor to get what it wants too easily.
  • I think it was the aspirations of the Nazis that forced the move, it was quite obvious that Germany was not going to stay put with reclaiming real estate.
  • They weren't ready to give it up. Besides, it's pretty naive to thing that is all Germany "just wanted."
  • No do-overs when it comes to world wars.
  • Because they knew Hitler would not be paying his gas bill? More seriously though. Germany was in the wrong from the start. You've got nothing to hold up which says anything different.
  • Lol you know how to bait a question, don't you! Well played!
  • Wow. Hitlerjugend in 2017? I thought you guys had wised up by now. Are you an illiterate from NSDAP or Adolph Hitler School?