• If it's just you and you don't have a bunch of investments, properties, deductions etc, use the short form - it's all pretty straight forward. However, if you do have investments, properties etc then go to H&R Block or a similar tax consultant and they will sort things out for you. If you are a student check to see if you can deduct some of your education costs (we got an extra $1000 per year while my husband was in law school!)
  • Read all the directions. They can be a real pain, but they'll help you figure it out. Also, try one of those free online assistance programs instead of doing it all by paper. There are a bunch that are free unless you have over a certain income, which if its your first year, is very unlikely.
  • See a professional at least the first year so you can see what they do.

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy