• This site has 10 Healthy Discipline Strategies That Work...... https://www.healthychildren.org/English/family-life/family-dynamics/communication-discipline/Pages/Disciplining-Your-Child.aspx
  • Since many fathers are quick to anger: patience is needed to improve a relationship with children.
      I don't think fathers are any more quick to anger than mothers.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      I don't think fathers and mothers can wear the pants around the house at the same time.
      They can, actually. Parents should be partners in raising their kids. Neither one is more important than the other.
      Unhappen? I actually DID wear a pair of pants at the same time as my ex! They were his old pants from when he was much bigger. So you're wrong on that one, too! And Archie is right!!
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, here you come and interfere in my comments as usual and then you complain that I troll on many answers. Archie Bunker called me out on this discussion, not me. BTW, a couple wearing the pants around the house is a metaphor. Anyways, I can see why you agree with Archie. FOLKS: there you have it. "When something is so utterly senseless, a full and proper facepalm is not even necessary." -Tommy Lee Jones Implied Facepalm
      Bullying the children and the mother when she gets in the way? The brush you're painting with seems to be tainted with quite a bit of ignorance, Jenny.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Archie Bunker, don't look at me. My brush covers a wide view than your broad brush to speak of ignorance. That's what happens in life and society with patronizing fathers. And that's not the worse of it as I've mentioned with other cultures. Under Sharia Law, pets get treated a lot better than wives. The Quran devotes more verses to making sure that Muslim men know they can keep women as sex slaves.
      Then look at Sharia law and blame the religion that teaches people that and not the fathers who don't.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Archie Bunker, the Religion is already blamed worldwide by non-Muslims for its brutality. I don't have anything against good fathers. If you go back to my answer, I said many fathers are quick to anger. The word "many" can be used in a lot. So I don't see where you get the idea that I'm supposedly speaking for the fathers who don't.
  • Quickly. Fairly. Decisively. Firmly. Consistently.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      There is no difference in your answer than what a mother also does.
      I never said there was.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      If you look again, this subject is about fathers: "How do you think a father should discipline his children?" What was that?????????????? So again, a mother can do likewise as you said in your answer. That's why my answer focuses on a father's behavior when it comes to children's discipline.
      I understand the question was about fathers. And I answered that question. When you indicated that there was no difference between mothers and fathers, I agreed. I'm not sure how you're trying to pick apart my answer, Jenny.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      You're still on the same boat. Your answer was already dismantled from the beginning of these comments. To your response in this subject of how fathers should discipline their children: "Quickly. Fairly. Decisively. Firmly. Consistently." Mothers can do likewise, so there's nothing distinctive about your answer when it comes to fathers and mothers.
      No, there isn't anything distinctive. Nor does there need to be. You seem to be operating under the delusion that mothers and fathers are supposed to discipline their kids differently, with fathers apparently having to bully their kids. Uh, yeah. You're wrong.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      You have no idea what you're arguing about. Quote: "You seem to be operating under the delusion that mothers and fathers are supposed to discipline their kids differently," Nope, that's not what I implied. Quote: "with fathers apparently having to bully their kids." If you can quote where I said all fathers, then you have an argument. if you can't, then you never had an argument.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      I'll repeat for the third time: mothers also do a great job in teaching their children as you suggested: "Quickly. Fairly. Decisively. Firmly. Consistently." Once again, nothing different in your answer between fathers and mothers.
  • In love, not anger. Always after discipline you should show an increase in love. In addition to what Archie said.
      No, he didn't.
      Its true! In her mind she wins every debate, even when she's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, whatever you say.
      Your self-appointed authority in parenting, Jenny, is astounding.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Archie Bunker, not exactly. I believe in kindness: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1160656 Maybe not with AB'ers depending on how they approach me.
      As do I. But I also don't believe that just because you say what you think, you're not the authority, whether you believe it or not.