• According to Wiki: "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain." Like this one: Is that pervert who was stalking me on here about three years ago still here? Or has he been banned by now? When that user was obviously just joking and this person wanted to come here to AB stirring up crap. Then they try and make you out to be the troll because you disagree with them. Obviously if they were stalked they wouldn't come back here trying to call them out, or post anywhere else publicly. They'd be too afraid! This was done for the sole purpose of starting something and drawing attention to themselves! This user joked like that with everyone EVEN ICE MAN!! He laughed about it and joked back like most normal people do! And as for a 'negative comment' that depends on the viewer. What seems negative to one person could very well be someone posting correct information that simply disagrees with the poster who has wrong information! In which case it would not be negative at all, simply viewed that way by someone with incorrect information. And just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are a troll. They simply do not agree with you!
      And after watching the video I can agree that they end up doing the exact thing they are accusing you of doing! Hence the adage never argue with a fool its difficult for spectators to discern the difference. I didn't use quotes because I'm sure I didn't get that word for word.
  • In this context, I believe that a troll is someone who misrepresents their own position on a controversial topic in order to upset people. It's become obvious, though, the past several years, that a large portion of internet users define a troll as simply someone with whom they disagree. A few years ago, I got banned from a site for "trolling," even though I didn't even post a comment. I simply downvoted another comment which used very shoddy logic to support a position with which I happened to disagree.
  • Depends on the country, as definitions differ in culture and languages . In America you would say that they are a "triggering person" or "troll" for short. In Britain, as we speak proper English, you could call them an "argumentative person". In Arabic you could roughly translate it as "person who would fight with his own feet". Trolling is a personality habit. Whereas negative comments are just people going off.
    • bostjan64
      Hwaem thou doth gemyntest? Ic pro asprecan faedlic Englisc! Eower samgung had!