• So far, Answerbag does not need a PM feature. What this site needs is more users in 2020. Maybe then their voices can be heard.
    • Black Mystique
      Agreed! More users in 2020
    • Bootsiebaby
      @Jenny Rizzo: Yes, it does. @Black Mystique: Why do you agree with Jenny Rizzo that Answerbag does not need a PM feature?
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Bootsiebaby, "Yes, it does" is not a structural remark. It is an outcry on your behalf. I would suggest you start laying some bricks if you want to prove me wrong.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Bootsiebaby, in regards to your comment to Black Mystique, she is well aware that Answerbag needs to grow first before it starts adding a PM feature. With 10-15 active members on Answerbag at the moment, a PM feature will only keep them in the shadows than in public. Think, think, think!
    • Bootsiebaby
      Maybe you should think, think, think. If they installed a private message system all the old members would come swarming back.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Bootsiebaby, I don't have much thinking to do. I have it all figured out. The old members were not on Answerbag cause of the PM feature, knowing private messages can be sent with fake emails. They were here cause of the POINTS SYSTEM. That is what attracted the old members to ask and answer more questions. Think again to see who needs to do some serious thinking.
    • Bootsiebaby
      As it happens, I do want to see the points system back as well. My niece (Kenz the Frenz) was here mainly for the points. So you can't say I need to do some serious thinking.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Bootsiebaby, you don't want to get in with me when it comes to serious thinking. I am a professional debater. If you wish to challenge me, then let us start this discussion. I will further answer your question just so you will know you have feedback in this thread. That's another issue Answerbag needs to fix, but you're in need of a a PM feature??? not to mention a points system, as I mentioned first, seeing a comments button to keep track of our feedback, more versatility in our profiles so we can be creative in our profiles, adding HREF images and HTML links in our answers, a visible friends list in our profiles, AB moderators to report harassers, etc and etc????????????????????? As you SEE, I'm in EVERY position by my first comment to my previous comments with my reasoning to say you need to do some serious thinking.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Bootsiebaby, I understand you want the points system brought back. Most of us who are active on this site will agree with that. Receiving points was a lot of fun. It became addicting to many AB'ers who were at a high level from Sage, Guru, Swami, Genius to Illuminati. Most of the AB refugees who went elsewhere had high ranks. To see their accounts go to waste when the old Answerbag closed down, they felt devastated to see all their hard work of spending countless hours on Answerbag come to an end.
    • Bootsiebaby
      Where did those members go, have you any idea? I'd like to meet up with them again on another site. Preferably an improved version of this half-built Algerian ruin that calls itself a website.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Bootsiebaby, quote: "Where did those members go, have you any idea?" Yep, most of them went to Fluther, Yahoo Answers, Blurtit and answerMug: https://answermug.com/ As you see, all that remains on AB are the ruins.
  • @Bootsiebaby. What is the need to private messaging on Answerbag? Make your case 😊
    • Bootsiebaby
      So that people can message each other in private. If that's not a good enough reason, I don't know what is.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Bootsiebaby, sending messages to each other in private as you say is the definition of private messaging. So it's not a good enough reason. That's what VK, Facebook, Twitter and other popular sites are for on social media. Answerbag once had a PM feature when it was highly populated.
    • Black Mystique
      PMing might be good.
    • Jenny Rizzo is brilliant ⭐
      Black Mystique, sending private messages is good. I'm not saying it's not so ya can know. I used to use that feature in the old Answerbag. That's not important at the moment. What we need is a comments button in our profiles to COMMUNICATE better. We also need a time and date display to keep track of our posts. Followed by customizing our profiles in any unique way we can so other AB'ers can visit our profiles. Perhaps more members will join and I would then say a PM feature is needed.
    • Black Mystique
      Agreed
  • I have email for PM's. And I think if every active user asked about 5 questions a day the increased volume of questions would attract more users. But I like to have the option of a smaller community. They have heavier traffic on the other Q&A sites. Also inviting other users would increase site flow... if that's what you want.
    • Bootsiebaby
      That's all very well if you have the personal email addresses of every member of this site, but who has? You are most probably the only one who has most of them (I haven't given you mine).
      No, actually I put my email address in my profile so anyone who wants can email me. And if you don't want AB stuff in your regular email you can make another, just for AB. And I have no intention of forcing myself on anyone or harassing them, so I don't need anyone's email address, including yours. If anyone wants to talk its there. And if anyone wants to harass I block them. Problem solved. IMHO there is no need for a pm function in AB.
  • Expecting anything from this site would be ill advised, considering its current state. There is no visible moderation, most generally text formats and character sets are unsupported, and the likes system is usually broken. Navigating the site is cumbersome and often broken, and there is no help section or support, aside from the "blog" which doesn't even seem to really function. But we got emoticons last year... 😕