• Unfair for sure.
      I agree! But what to do about it?
  • I think it's inconsistent with the reasoning why there are male and female divisions in the first place. I suggest either a) make all sports co-ed, or b) trans should have their own category. Of course it's unfair.
      a) would ruin some sports. b) I thought this initially, but realized they probably wouldn't have enough to compete. Despite their attempts to make it seem common by enlisting the media, " A different survey in 2016, from the Williams Institute, estimated that 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as transgender." so the ones who compete in sports would be even less! In fact I'm wondering if the p-value is enough to even qualify as statistically significant! I really don't think they should have changed the rules for them. They just opened a can of worms for a few people who could have competed anyway or chosen not to. I'm sure they make plenty of other sacrifices for their lifestyle choice. And I'm guessing over half of them just want to have the advantage and claim trans to get a win, trophy, medal at any cost.
  • Gender is determined by Chromosomes. Each gender already has their own category.
      Love that answer, Lizzie! And I agree 99%! But it is true some are born both male and female. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_hermaphroditism
  • i dont see anything wrong with that
      These men claiming to be women are beating them out of their competitions. The real women can't win against them because of their God given muscle mass.