• Why? Because most normal people feel remorse and empathy. Unless, of course if you are a psychopath or sociopath or have some other form of mental illness.
    • Naiades
      I don’t believe you need to be a sociopath or psychopath to not feel remorse. Empathy simply means understanding what it is like to be in someone’s shoes. You can know how that pain feels and still gain sadistic pleasure from the action. If it’s something you’ve been wanting to do, then you might not feel regret if the pleasure you received was worth the experience and you know you will not get caught.
      I didn't say you had to be a sociopath or psychopath not to feel remorse. Sadistic personality disorder is also a mental illness. "You can know how that pain feels and still gain sadistic pleasure from the action." Actually no, I can't. I gain no pleasure in sadistic acts at all. And if you do I suggest you see a mental health professional. And everyone 'gets caught'. God sees it all and everyone will face the judgement bar of God whether you believe it or not.
  • Taking a life isn't always traumatizing. It just depends on the circumstances in which it is done.
  • Because it is wrong (Exodus 20:13). Romans 2:14, 15 refers to how our own conscience bears witness to our actions, and it either accuses or excuses us. Trauma is a deeply distressing or disturbing experience, the average person’s conscience would not allow them to take a human life... let alone find pleasure in it.
      It depends on the circumstances on whether or not it's traumatizing. For many in combat, it's not the least bit traumatizing.
    • LizzyP
      I beg to differ. I was raised by a veteran of the Vietnam War, he made it a point to teach us that God’s law is superior (Acts 5:29) to man’s law. The affects of witnessing carnage, the smells and sounds were something that many of them can’t erase from their memories... despite their efforts to forget.
  • Because it involves alot of work,heavy emotion and strain,and let alone it is wrong,and most know it,it can wound you as the killer!