• You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice. / If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. --Rush, "Free Will" (1980)
  • My values are based on the freedom from bondage Jesus Christ gave me. Jesus opened the gates of the prison holding us and we are free to walk out to enjoy the freedoms Jesus gave us but so many "Christians" choose to remain in bondage and will not walk out of their self made prisons.
  • I think values have to be taught. Or we can borrow others values until we make them our own if need be...
  • Free will has been given to each and every one of us. Your environment is also a part of the values that you hold. All people have free will. Adam and Eve were given a command to not eat of one particular tree. They made a conscious choice to be disobedient. The value they had was to be like God as brought out in Gen. 3:5. . So free will basically define our values. We can use it to do good or to do bad. For more information on this subject please visit jworg
  • The only way they can become YOUR values is if you choose to accept them as such. Values another teaches you, you also have to choose to accept as your own or reject. I don't understand how anyone can have values without choosing them. And 'free will' is an oxymoron. There are always consequences for our choices, whether good or evil. No choice is free of consequences.
    • Mona Lisa
      I totally disagree with that logic! I think people learn and unlearn as they go,, I don,t believe we choose or reject values we hold
    • Mona Lisa
      Also, I believe in freedom, that is to make choices that have no consequences,, consequences being negative results
      No, there are definitely positive consequences! If you eat all your peas you can have ice cream! Or, if you don't eat the ice cream, you'll save the calories/fat/sugar
  • Life is a mystery. The spark that initiated an action called choice is also a mystery. Even a self separate from other selves are reinforced with ideas. Perhaps life just happens and we have the capacity to comment and make claims on the experience in myriad ways. Wow! Great mystery!