• Yes. And also figured they could come here and get free shit from the Democrats.
  • nnaybe
    • Wakko
      You blow my mind with your insight, pearl. xD
  • Read "The Grapes of Wrath" (Steinbeck, 1939)
    • Wakko
      Nah, just give me a brief rundown.
  • People have migrated for thousands of years in search of a better way of life, Jacob moved his family of 70 people to Egypt because of a famine in his land. Sometimes the circumstances are beyond what humans are capable of changing... look at North Korea. Do you consider those who are suffering in a communist country to be “cowards”? It is a very sad situation, in war-torn & drug-ridden countries, the innocent ones are usually the victims. However, God promises that the meek will be rewarded with everlasting life, peace and delight - Psalm 37:11. The wicked will vanish like smoke (Psalm 37:20). By the way, Are you a Native American?
      But the media will have you believe that they're they're here to escape persecution in their home countries. Even though Mexico offered them asylum, they just didn't want it. Apparently the racist, misogynist, homophobic, islamaphobic America, where all the angry, white, christian male conservatives have guns, is a much better place.
      BTW, if you're born in the US, you are by definition a native American.
      Before the Civil War, members of the anti-Catholic "Know Nothing" movement took on the name "Native Americans."
      Well, if they were born here, they're native Americans.
  • Have any of you ever been to those countries in Central America and in Mexico? I know the living conditions most of them live in and the dangers they have all about them. They have no life. Sure it is mostly their fault as they don't seem to be able to over throw their corrupt governments. I have spent considerable time in Mexico and worked alongside the people there. I can, however, can no longer approve the illegal rush on the border must stop. The government of the USA needs to help resolve this problem just as was done with the Vietnamese boat people back in the time just after the ending of the Vietnam war, I have finally realized we are no longer in the 1950's when the people from Mexico would come here to the south of Texas to help harvest crops then return to their home. We live in a vastly different world today with dangers from every direction. The majority of the people trying to come into the USA are decent people only wanting to improve their lives not the thugs Trump wants people to believe.
      People forget that it was Joe Biden who introduced legislation to prohibit the Vietnamese boat people from coming to the US. And that was after Jerry Brown and Walter Mondale tried to stop them from landing in California. It's crazy how some people flip-flop.
      The same was done with those coming from Cuba. There have been some horrific things happen there as well. I wish there was a viable resolve of all of it. Maybe there is in Agenda 2030.