• how to get a job when noone will give you one
      That's up to you to get a job.
    • Rick Myres
      It looks like that is what Pearl said that. "how to get a job when noone will give you one" she said how to get a job and the when no one will give you one is after you go in and ask for one is how I took it.
  • For students: Student safety including self defense. community involvement, citizenship, love and acceptance. For faculty: Security, student safety, profiling, counseling, mental health. And they should have increased video and audio monitoring in every room and closet! Problems should be recognized and resolved before they escalate.
      I don't know if a police state is the answer. But more compulsory community/military involvement is something our country is lacking. Not everyone will be a soldier or a missionary, but the definition is broad enough to encompass all sorts of labor, technical and social activity.
      Likening audio and video surveillance of a public classroom to a police state is terribly irresponsible of you. I'm talking about security in the public schools, which is what everyone is fussing about these days even though statistics were worse in the '90's. And I think involvement in community and military should be encouraged but not compulsory unless it is the result of a punishment for crime. I'd never send a child in my care to a public school beyond 6th grade. All they learn there is how to be a thug!
  • They don't teach Civics anymore. It should be required.
      Every state requires students to complete coursework in civics or social studies in order to graduate. The amount of coursework varies by state.
      What they teach is nothing like we had when I was in high school. Sad.
      .
  • Lessons about God.
      Lessons about God are for church, not school.
    • Rick Myres
      I know that.