• I'm cutting down on nitrates and nitrites, so I choose cottage cheese.
      But nitrates are supposed to boost sports performance! Isn't it nitrosamine you should be concerned with? You know there are more nitrates in many healthy vegetables than they put in your meat by far! Do you not eat beets, carrots, celery, or the other veggies high in nitrates?
  • i like all of thenn
  • Banana is too high on the GI, so cottage cheese with hot sauce. Cheese isn't really my thing, and cottage cheese has casein protein, so I will be fuller longer.
      That actually depends on the ripeness of the banana but this is what I found: "Bananas are actually low on the GI scale, having a glycemic index value of 51. (Foods with a low GI cause your blood sugar to rise gradually, not quickly, after eating them. GI values less than 55 are considered low.) - The Globe https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and...bananas.../article4545026/" I put habanero sauce in my cottage cheese!
    • lavendery1
      That is opposite of everything I have read about bananas. I love bananas, but I will stick with the cottage cheese.
      I used to eat the banana, put the peel back together and offer it to my mom as a joke. She always said no, thank you. One day I said "How do you always know?" She said "I didn't, I'm allergic to bananas." lol
    • lavendery1
      Haha, aw that is too cute, Linda.