• Absolutely not! But I have friends here so I keep coming back.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Fair enough.
    • Roaring
      So what would make AB better?
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Roaring, AB needs less sensitive people.
    • Willy D Billiams
      Im new here. Is it worth trying to cultivate some friendships?
      Welcome, Willy! I've made friends here.
      Roaring, what would make the site better is if everyone would ask more questions and if those who don't like them or don't know an answer would just scroll past instead of making it a point to Bitch and complain about those who are trying to participate. And I'd personally like to see the "Leader board" blown to pieces because whomever is at the top is attacked and criticized for being there and there is NO REWARD so what's the point?
    • Willy D Billiams
      lol. I think every QA site suffers from the stuff you mentioned Linda. I think it is just the way it is.
    • Rick Myres
      Linda I found years ago Youtube is that same way. And Answermug was even worse that way (for me). Yahoo answers has changed to a full page list and I stopped using it.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Linda Joy, there are plenty of questions on this website. Whether they are old or new, it doesn't matter. I don't think you have answered every question that exists on Answerbag. I see questions I have never seen before. What Answerbag needs are upgrades.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Linda Joy, quote: ""Leader board" blown to pieces because whomever is at the top is attacked and criticized for being there and there is NO REWARD so what's the point?" We all know there are no rewards, but the point is: that would inspire more AB members to ask more questions when they see themselves at the top of the list. They would feel like they are doing something good. Think, think, think!
      That's not what you told me before I put you there! You were criticizing me for hogging it! And I've been criticized for answering old questions, too! And if ANYONE wanted to be on that stupid list all they have to do is ask questions! I'm not even trying! And I wasn't talking to you. I was answering the question Roaring asked me. Willy and Rick, I'm in two Q&A groups on FB and neither have the leader board issue. One is closed or secret though. And for Rick, the only thing I've done on YouTube is watch videos When I have access to a computer, so I don't know about that. But being mean is a personal choice and I try to take a break before reaching that point. I'm sorry I don't always succeed.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, quote: "That's not what you told me before I put you there!" I told you, I appreciate what you were doing, but you did not put me anywhere and I'll prove it. You said if I gave your answers a thumbs up, that would defeat the whole purpose: Quote from your response: "Be sure to not like my answers." http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3510814 Guess what? I gave you a thumbs up every time you answered my questions, because I like to earn my ranks. If you don't believe me, go through your answers.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, when I made it to the very top of This Week's Leaders on AB, I was already asking significant questions and thumping the Bible persistently in my answers to get there. I have a full-time job, so it's not often you will see me up there. Just like me and others who felt like you were an Answerbag moderator, we really didn't think we had a chance to "move you out of the way." Now, I and others wondering know it is possible to be in first place with dedicated time and effort on AB: http://oi66.tinypic.com/2yv7vaq.jpg http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3510946 Once again: we all know there are no rewards, but the feeling of being on top was an actual moment I can boast about.
      Who else thought I was a moderator? And why?
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, it's just a thought. I have noticed that 5 of my non-religious answers have been deleted. When I used to check on them, your answers were right behind mine.
      One like doesn't compensate for two, duh! But tell yourself what you need to. I've done it before and I can do it again as long as users on this site remain apathetic and don't participate! And as far as I know only Answerbag staff can remove questions. I suggest you talk to them about your questions. Many of mine have been removed. One of them was what do you buy more of even though you already have plenty? I didn't see anything wrong with it and asked it again.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, quote: "One like doesn't compensate for two, duh!" And don't expect me to answer in "detail" why various ABers mentioned you in their comments, saying they felt the same way. All I can say: *Talk to the hand* As for my deleted answers: I'll just call it a coincidence that 5 of my answers were removed for no reason.
      You're the one spreading the lies about me behind my back. Don't think I don't know it. And now they know you've been lying!
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, I don't talk behind people's back. If I have the need to say something negative about you, I will let you know.
    • Roaring
      Responding to Jenny's "AB needs less sensitive people." I am very sensitive, yet if I take something personally, I may reserve much of reaction to myself. That said, I can learn from being witness to the full range of Q & A and comment threads. The big question for me is always "What promotes interesting and thought provoking dialogue?"
      You told me you and Thinker discussed me in a pm once so one comment or the other is a lie. I don't care one way or the other. I just don't like your fascade and I don't want others to be deceived by your lies.
    • Rita Sorkar
      In a word, Internet is truly necessary in our everyday lives now. Internet is actually important to us in our time as most of us recognize that by employing the Internet we're able make lots of things much simpler than before. When you've found effective methods to acquire the online working, don't neglect to share your ideas, expertise and help once your off-site. https://bestqualitypvas.com
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Hello everyone, I was away from AB for a few weeks, but I'm back as usual.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Roaring, if you feel you are too sensitive, you should not engage with people who are used to arguing on a daily basis. It only becomes personal when you feel like it's personal.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, you are all confused. You don't even know who you are calling out in these comments. You cannot prove with one link were I have told lies. You are free to go through my answers. Let me know with what you don't agree with it.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Rita Sorkar, I couldn't agree more. The internet is about sharing ideas. In this case, Answerbag is a famously known social network. It is not as popular as it used to be, but those who are accustomed to this site have remained active.
    • Texasescimo
      I think all of my comments that I made yesterday were removed. At least the ones that I looked for today were removed. How do you private message people on here now?
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, you can't send private messages on AB. If you want to contact an ABer, you will have to ask them for their email address. I know what you mean about comments disappearing. I would suggest you contact Linda Joy. I think she is a moderator: http://www.answerbag.com/profile/linda-joy
    • Texasescimo
      Thank you. Didn't you message me a couple of years ago somehow or somewhere? Have you ever been on answermug?
    • Texasescimo
      Interesting. I have noticed several threads where Linda Joy has attacked people that disagree with her.
    • Texasescimo
      Nice job Linda Joy. My question in regards to Putin's Russia following in the footsteps of Hitler's Germany and Stalin in torturing Jehovah's Witnesses is offensive to you and gets removed while your bigoted hateful comments to me stay like: "we don't need JW literature trash " "JW propaganda" "And JW lies are not equivalent or even comperable to scipture!" "YOU SHOULD BE POSTING IN THE CULT AND LIES SECTION"
    • robbie2499
      I used to really like EP; then they went to "Similar Worlds". This one is new to me so I can't answer yet.
  • It sure floats my boat. Until I steer into those damn icebergs.
      Be sure to fire that Jack Phillips fellow; he can't be relied upon to pay attention to ice reports.
  • For me it is I left Answermug.
    • bostjan64
      Answermug was started because Answerbag started really going downhill. I suppose that was a long time ago.
  • Yes, it is good Question and Answer website..
  • No, not the best: user friendly more like. Although I do not go onto any others.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      The users here are also friendly. :)
  • It's the best one I'm on (stopped using the others). But I keep waiting for upgrades, and waiting...
    • Jenny Rizzo
      If Answerbag does improve, this website will be zooming with traffic. Until then, we have to play the waiting game, even though waiting is not a part of my game. :)
  • I left answermug.com after a very short stay as I found the interface and navigation VERY difficult. I spend a good amount of time on choozler.com as I find that interface to be the best of the QA sites. Yahoo questions was too "impersonal" for me but, of course, has the most users. I am here to check this out as well.
  • i think so but i like yahoo answers a lot too cause there you can answer questions about problems people are having, you cant do as much of that here
  • I havent been here too long but the thing that is sticking out to me is that the people seem nice and ask good questions. But it is overshadowed by the site itself which REALLY needs updates.
  • I've been a member of Answerbag since 2007...I'm hanging around at amirite....for now.
    • Roaring
      just took a glance at amirite. Looks like a good interface that allows graphics. Although there's something to be said about communicating primarily with words. That said AB does need some active committed moderator-designer to improve.
  • My asessment: 1) answermug: Alot of users. Something about it is just boring, though. Interface is meh. 2) choozler: Best site as far as usability and features. Needs more users, though. 3) yahoo answers: Most users, but way to impersonal as a result. Lame interface too. 4) amirite: Have had PMs read by moderators (confirmed this by putting a link in a PM and it was clicked on by a mod... hmmm) Be warned, they sell/give away your email. Will never use them again. 5) answerbag: Good users. I like ya'll :) But as for the site, dont know where to begin, lol
    • Rick Myres
      When I get so I don't know where to begin I go to my profile and go from there. It might just be a mental game I play with myself too. :)
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Willy D Billiams, Answerbag is not growing in popularity like answerMug, Fluther and Yahoo Answers. Answerbag is out-of-date. The low amount of ABer's on this site are still here, because they are used to this site already.
    • Willy D Billiams
      its too bad the site isnt being maintained and updated.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Willy D Billiams, we'll see what happens.
    • Texasescimo
      I agree with Jenny Rizzo. Answerbag used to be the best. Answermug is as close to being similar to the old answerbag but it is not as good as answerbag USED to be.
  • No idea!
  • Not close..Here, like most other places if you're not in some kind of teen group.not many people will bother answering any posts,no matter what is asked.Others can ask,Are you sexy? And get a lot of childish answers,,,Without private chat as promised more users will be lost.
      Private chat is good for some, but there will be less banter in the comments.
  • No. Back in 2007 or so, yeah. Pretty much until Joel left. Its just a skeleton now.
  • It is one of the best but this new AB is not as good as the old AB before they stated changing it and eliminating some categories.
  • When it was young(er)
  • Hi Jenny you disappeared from following me again. I just played with my list of followed and do not see how to unfollow. 😲 And yes I figured out how to do the smiley thing. It's the Touch Keyboard thingie. I also got and email that tells how to use the keyboard to make them appear but that one is a bunch smaller and has a search feature for more icons. 🐁 🐀😎
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Hello Rick, I was placed in the penalty box for I don't know what reason. Anyways, I also noticed the whole unfollow issue. Not to worry, I will go to your profile and refollow.
    • Rick Myres
      OK thanks. I have no idea why some get put into the penalty box.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Some people get put in the penalty box for no good reason.
  • No best, only better. Answerbag is a good question-and-answer platform.But quora is also good.But quora has been unable to open a web page recently, and I don't know why.
  • I don't know. This is only my first night here. There is one other that I like, and another that had a few cool people unfortunately overshadowed by idiots (AOR).
      Same here.
    • lavender
      *deleted*
  • All these sites are the same
  • It used to be .. back in the day!
  • It's cool, even though I don't come here often.
  • i think so but theres other ones i like too
  • This place used to be jumpin'! Then came along Tu, then some scag that drove in the final nail. With this resurrection I am not seeing a lot of promise due to no features (i.e. can't post pics, videos, or clickable links).
  • no its trash. they should have just let it die with a little dignity instead of bringing it back like this. big yikes
    • Jenny Rizzo
      The features on AB are outdated and quite trashy. I will say that.
  • No, censorship is heavy handed and there seems to be an effort to keep conversations at the benign level of 13 year old girls ("what's your favorite color", etc). That and pushing religious agendas severly limits the number of people interested.
  • No! It's about who's more popular rather than giving any true facts or figures. Knowledge and understanding you will NOT find here
    • Wakko
      It has always been a hangout. If you want real knowledge, go to yahoo answers. :P
  • Its the only one I use and I do my best to respond to and ask interesting questions. Also when questions go flat, I sometimes search in various categories and respond to the interesting ones I find, which brings it back to life.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Likewise. I have participated on Fluther, Yahoo Answers, answerMug, etc. I think AB is the place to be for asking and answering questions, as well as leaving comments when it's necessary.
  • Fair...
  • Don't think so
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Don't give up from sharing on this site. We need more religious members for enlightenment.
    • Texasescimo
      Thank you for the encouragement. I like the old answerbag the best. Answermug is the closest to being set up similarly to the old answerbag. Too many hostile people though, especially the anti-Bible type. I enjoy a discussion about the Bible with anyone of any type of belief or lack thereof, it just gets my goat when people haven't read the Bible and then are very adamant that it is just a fairy tale and only the ignorant believe it. Some admit to never have read it, with others, it's just obvious from talking to them that they are just parroting what others have said.
    • Texasescimo
      I may be leaving again soon. I have run into a hateful troll getting my post deleted and threatening to flag my other post. I didn't realize that answerbag and Mormons were trying to keep it quiet about Putins Russia persecuting and torturing Jehovah's Witnesses. https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/02/22/activists-compare-russias-alleged-torture-jehovahs-witnesses-to-nazi-germany-a64591
  • I like it. There is less drama here, however there are a lot of areas here that should be improved upon, and my experience has been the Admin isn't very receptive nor available when I have attempted contact.