• Mezuzah is a little box placed on the front door frame of a house with scripture inside. From memory I think the scripture passage is:..As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
      They actually contains Deut. 6:4-9 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart." The Tefillin contain some additional texts and Orthodox Jewish men wear one on the forehead and one on the hand during morning prayers.
  • No offense intended, and I'm probably going to get shot for this but ... I think the first one is a woman in Miami or New York who gives back rubs, and the second is the stuff they coat frying pans with. : )
    • Anoname
      I thought that was funny. Especially the teflon part.
      Thank you. : )
      You might be on to something. Care to hazard a guess on "Tzitzit"?
      A 15 year old kid from Jersey, with a really, really bad case of acne ? Is the Mossad coming for me tonight ? : )
      Lol!
  • a Mezuzah is a small scroll affixed to the right-side (when entering) doorpost (usually in a protective/decorative case) or many doorways in a house. On the scroll the first verse and then the first 2 paragraphs of the "Shema" prayer are written (Deut 6:5-9 and 11:13-21). Tefillin (phylacteries) are leather boxes affixed to the forearm and forehead with leather straps. Each one has parchments in it which have some of the same verses (though there is some disagreement about exactly what/how/in what order sections are written). The precise way of wearing it (during morning prayers) is also a matter of a variety of opinions. http://www.jewfaq.org/prayer/tallit.htm