• My rose bushes have thorns and I am not angry about it. Just sad they are not as big as usual this time of year.
      Do you think that has to do with fertilizer or water/ heat levels? I've never grown roses myself.
    • Rick
      Well we had a very mild winter here and it is as if they were in a heavy winter instead.
    • Rick
      Oh me suddenly very tired ( neurological fatigue) . Gotta lay down.
    • mugwort
      My thought was OTOH their are beautiful roses. So I see as a kind of balance thing here
    • OC Joe
      Linda Joy, get a life.
      I agree mugwort! OC Joe, I've said a prayer that you might be able to find love and kindness in your heart.
      Praying for you as well Rick I hope you get to feeling better.
    • Rick
      Thanks Linda. I am feeling a bit better. Never know what it will end up like for sure. Life is A hoot :)
      it's an adventure for sure!
  • No, as how else would you know the value of a rose if not for the trouble you have to go through to get it? There is a life lesson in that if you care to reflect on it.
      I definitely know the value of a struggle, and the rush of accomplishing difficult things and the joy of nurturing a plant and watching it grow. thank you.
  • Thorns on roses are just something that goes with the territory, like automobiles and flat tires.
  • "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." - Alphonse Karr
  • not angry know it is just trying to protect herself...
  • sometimes
  • If you were as sweet tasting as a rose bush, you would need thorns to thrive in a deer-eat-rosebush world.
      Interesting perspective. And true. Still, it's a shame the sweet thing has to grow thorns to protect itself.
  • Actually I know one that isn't. In Santa Maria degli Angeli. Something to do with St Francis and the plant is still growing!
  • A rose is a rose and by any other name it is still a handful of thorns. Think about this answer.
  • yes, the thorns ruin the rose