• kind of but id rather not think about it since its not something i can control
  • 6-21-2017 Darling, this is a wonderful question. So loving of you to be concerned about other people and their fears. Keep up the good work.
  • I live in America, so the only terrorists I need to worry about are Neo-Nazis, and the best way to deal with them is to pretend to agree with them. Yes, the Saudis knocked down the World Trade Center towers, but our President made friends with them, so now they're just people who buy guns from us and it's all good with them.
  • I'm not afraid I come out in dark. Also we have a great leader in Trump to protect us, why would I fear anyone?
  • Don't be silly. Sharks, dogs, heart attacks and school shooters kill more people each year than terrorists.
      It's ridiculous to call me silly when you're agreeing with me.
    • jshm22
      I'm not agreeing with you at all. You're eating the camel while straining at the gnat. As terrorists are not even in the top 30 leading causes of deaths in America http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/usa-cause-of-death-by-age-and-gender
      I know this! You're not understanding what I'm saying. If you're disagreeing with me then you do fear terrorists.
      Apparently you're choking on the camel and the gnat flew up your nose into your brain
    • jshm22
      Must be an American thing as you're not understanding that your argument is false to begin. "Terrorists" are not the problem you're thinking them to be but rather it's the media portrayal of them. To someone in the world you might be a terrorist and they refuse to back down to you.
      That was my point, silly.
  • 6-25-2017 "Terrorist" only refers to the way a government treats its citizens. Amateur soldiers are called guerrillas. The number of Americans killed by guerrillas since 9-11-2001 is zero. An American is more likely to be killed by a cop than a guerrilla. https://fee.org/articles/how-many-people-are-killed-by-police/
    • Jewels Vern
      10-3-2017 Ok, now we have an actual guerrilla in Las Vegas. One. Count 'em. One.
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Your numbers are skewed. Even using your date of 9-11-01, many, if not most, of those soldiers killing in Iraq & Afghanistan were, by definition, guerrillas. And you're actually calling Stephen Paddock a guerrilla?
      Thank you both for your information I appreciate you!
  • I'm much more worried about driving. Statistically, you're far more likely to be killed on the road than in a terrorist attack. Each year there are over 30,000 traffic deaths in the U.S. alone. Terrorism is meant to strike fear in people's hearts through the sheer randomness and brutality of the attacks. I think it's important to keep things in perspective though. If we succumb to that fear, then we let them win.
      Exactly! Thank you!
  • No. I go to concerts and other large gatherings and fly on planes or whatever I want while hardly ever thinking about terrorism. I
  • If it's real, then yeah.
  • I'm aware. There's a difference between being aware and living in fear. Anyone who isn't aware is being foolish.
      That's true, too! Thank you for sharing your wisdom! I appreciate it and I miss your input. Hope you're having a great summer!
      I was. Until AB kicked me off for some unknown reason that no one will explain. But I'm back now.
  • i feel the same way you do, i try not to think about something i cant control
      Good point!
  • Terrorists live off the fearlessness of sheepie people. They know even if they were to set a clock and advertise intent to bomb a place every day of the week there would still be idiots who would turn up just to "show" the terrorists. Terrorism is about attrition, cutting down the numbers of the opposition while maintaining your own is the game. It's what democracy and terrorism have in common. Hence why it's only democracies which suffer terrorism.
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Terrorists have struck in Yemen. Saudi Arabia. Russia. Libya. China. Jordan. Those aren't democracies.
      Exactly Conservative! And there would be a well trained team there to greet them! But then I doubt the bought round trip tickets!
  • No, my chances of encountering any terrorists are low. I have other things that are of more concern. If I lived in England, France, Germany or Sweden, I would have more fears of terrorists, because they are more prevalent there.
  • Not in the least.. May we all be more wary of the growing military/survalience state that justifies itself as "for your protection"
      That's another good point! And a more valid fear!