• No, we were much happier 25 and even 50 years ago. I know I was happier when I was young back in the 1940s even during the war.
      Times were simpler then. But my childhood was not a happy one overall I'm much happier now. But I don't think most people are.
      I can't say my childhood was always happy. My parents fought seemingly all the time. My sister (7 years older) and I generally had a good relationship. I did become withdrawn into my own life and have relied mostly on my own. Through it all though as you said times were simpler then and good.
  • Well 25 to 50 years ago people were not as spoiled as they are today. There were jobs which were outsourced since due to computers. Also I was much younger back then and was happier today not as much. Everybody I knew is gone including my family so yes to the question. I think if you go back 200 years ago life was easier. Today everybody is to thin skinned and make things to complicated.
      Yes many loved ones are gone now. But my life is less complicated. I think 200 years ago life was way harder than it is now. In reality I guess you get used to whatever life you're in.
  • no, i think they were happier back then
  • depends on the person, everyone is different
  • I would be inclined to say the past, yet in presence there is this, always-available unconditional happiness that does not depend on conditions.
    • CelesteLeeFKAC*
      You might be on to something,there. You pointed out something that I have forgotten. :)
  • No,that is such a myth. There was just as much war,and more famine. Lots of things to be miserable about!