• Who said he was God? I thought "God" was his father. So for him, praying would be his means of talking to Dad?
      Many think when he said they were one he meant they were the same person. I believe he meant they were one in purpose and agreement.
    • Nick culloden
      Jesus is indeed Jehovah's son. 1 John 4:9 tells us this by saying how God sent his only -begotten son to die for our sins.
  • The whole thing is Jesus is not God. He is the Son of God. They are one because you have to believe in the Holy Spirit and live like Jesus did to belong to God.
  • Jesus is NOT almighty God [ Jehovah ] himself... Jesus is the son with the same QUALITIES as his father. Jesus was created...Proverbs 8: 22-31... Jehovah God has always existed...
      Does John 8:56-59 conflict with this view?
    • pugwashjw65
      (John 8:56-59) Abraham your father rejoiced greatly at the prospect of seeing my day, and he saw it and rejoiced.? 57 Then the Jews said to him: ?You are not yet 50 years old, and still you have seen Abraham?? 58 Jesus said to them: ?Most truly I say to you, before Abraham came into existence, I have been.? 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid and went out of the temple. Jehovah created Jesus as the very first of his creations...before even the angels or the universe...As I said...proverbs 8.
  • jesus is a prophet from the god not even his son. if jesus is the son of allah why didnt he has another son :?. there is just one god no kids no wife no father no mother only allah
      I respectfully disagree, but fully support your right to have and voice your own opinion.
    • karem722
      Thanks linda You are welcome 😊
  • Because Jesus is NOT Jehovah God himself...Jesus is his son...created by Jehovah... Proverbs 8: 22-31 Catholics, to support their [ false ] trinity idea, have claimed this scripture to refer to the ' quality' of wisdom... But how can a quality have feelings...like fondness?? Read the scripture.
  • Jesus was, God and man at the same time As in God is the Father Son and Holy Spirit. When Jesus was baptized His baptism and praying: both actions I view as His example for us. It is in the scriptures Jesus said John 14:9 you have seen me you have seen the Father in one another John 10:30 Jesus said I am the Father are one.
    • Jewels Vern
      John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel." Jesus didn't know the divine mystery. If Jesus had been God, John 4:22 would have been a lie, and God can not lie.
  • "god" is a title, not a name... Like Sir or mister... And who is this ? (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. This ' god' is against Jesus and all he stands for...
  • so He could resist temptations. Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." He was able to better know the forces of temptations this way..
  • cause he was talking to his father
    • pugwashjw65
      Very good.. Two identities...separate...So what does this do to the beliefes of the main religions...Catholic and Islam...It renderds them simply UNTRUE. And as such they have to be a part of Satan's organization. No matter what they claim.
  • Please meditate, you will get to know all the answers of your questions
      I choose prayer over meditation. James 1:5 says if any of ye lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him.
    • Abha
      I have heard that meditation is the best form of prayer
      To each their own, I guess.
    • Abha
      Hmmm..... that`s fine.
  • Does the following make Satan...also God. ??? (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. Here, Satan is called 'a' god...which makes the term 'god' a title not a personal name. Almighty God has a name... (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.
  • cause hes talking to his father
  • Jesus had nothing to do with God. In fact, the "Christian" Jesus didn't exist. The Jewish Jesus did exist and his name would have been "Iseuos" or "Joshua" depending on if he spoke Greek or Hebrew (English had not been invented yet) This Jesus never called himself "divine" and neither did the half brothers of Jesus ever call him divine.