• Who said he was God? I thought "God" was his father. So for him, praying would be his means of talking to Dad?
      Many think when he said they were one he meant they were the same person. I believe he meant they were one in purpose and agreement.
    • Nick culloden
      Jesus is indeed Jehovah's son. 1 John 4:9 tells us this by saying how God sent his only -begotten son to die for our sins.
    • pugwashjw65
      Good point Linda...the TWO are in full agreement...that does not make them the one identity...I agree with you but I am NOT you...
    • zwatcher
      jesus was phoning home to his pa
    • pugwashjw65
      E.T. phone home good one Zwatcher
  • The whole thing is Jesus is not God. He is the Son of God. They are one because you have to believe in the Holy Spirit and live like Jesus did to belong to God.
  • Jesus was, God and man at the same time As in God is the Father Son and Holy Spirit. When Jesus was baptized His baptism and praying: both actions I view as His example for us. It is in the scriptures Jesus said John 14:9 you have seen me you have seen the Father in one another John 10:30 Jesus said I am the Father are one.
    • Jewels Vern
      John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel." Jesus didn't know the divine mystery. If Jesus had been God, John 4:22 would have been a lie, and God can not lie.
    • pugwashjw65
      One in thought, NOT one in identity. Like...WHO spoke out of heaven...(Mark 9:7) And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: ?This is my Son, the beloved. Listen to him.? A clear separation of TWO identities.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Jewels Vern, there is nothing wrong with John 4:22. In fact, the Father also worships the Son. Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom."
    • pugwashjw65
      A very common error is to consider the term " God/ god" as a name...It is a title only and is not personal...otherwise even satan could "be" god. (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. In this context, Satan is the leader of this group.
    • Texasescimo
      Hebrews 1:8: RS reads: Of the Son he says, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever. (KJ, NE, TEV, Dy, JB, NAB have similar renderings.) However, NW reads: But with reference to the Son: God is your throne forever and ever. (AT, Mo, TC, By convey the same idea.) Which rendering is harmonious with the context? The preceding verses say that God is speaking, not that he is being addressed; and the following verse uses the expression God, thy God, showing that the one addressed is not the Most High God but is a worshiper of that God. Hebrews 1:8 quotes from Psalm 45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel. Obviously, the Bible writer of this psalm did not think that this human king was Almighty God. Rather, Psalm 45:6, in RS, reads Your divine throne. (NE says, Your throne is like God's throne. JP [verse 7]: Thy throne given of God.) Solomon, who was possibly the king originally addressed in Psalm 45, was said to sit upon Jehovah's throne. (1 Chron. 29:23, NW) In harmony with the fact that God is the throne, or Source and Upholder of Christ's kingship, Daniel 7:13,14 and Luke 1:32 show that God confers such authority on him. Hebrews 1:8,9 quotes from Psalm 45:6,7, concerning which the Bible scholar B. F. Westcott states: The LXX. admits of two renderings: [ho theos?] can be taken as a vocative in both cases (Thy throne, O God, .. therefore, O God, Thy God .) or it can be taken as the subject (or the predicate) in the first case (God is Thy throne, or Thy throne is God .. ), and in apposition to [ho theos? sou] in the second case (Therefore God, even Thy God .). .. It is scarcely possible that [Elohim?] in the original can be addressed to the king. The presumption therefore is against the belief that [ho theos?] is a vocative in the LXX. Thus on the whole it seems best to adopt in the first clause the rendering: God is Thy throne (or, Thy throne is God), that is Thy kingdom is founded upon God, the immovable Rock.The Epistle to the Hebrews (London, 1889), pp. 25,?26. 1 John 5:7,8:
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Hebrews 1:8 quotes from Psalm 45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel." Psalm chapter 45 is a Messianic Psalm. The Psalms have a place of special importance as Messianic proofs in the preaching of both Jesus and the first disciples. Luke 24:44 tells us of Jesus saying to His disciples after the resurrection: "This is what I told you when I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms." For clarity, Solomon is not God. Which is why it is no surprise how Hebrews Chapter 1 is aimed at Jesus who sits at the right hand of the Father.
    • Texasescimo
      You are not getting the point. Both verses can be translated more than one way. The KJV translates Psalms 45:6 in speaking to Solomon as: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
    • Texasescimo
      You initially quoting "there appears to be a contradiction" from the internet in response to the question about Ps 45:6 tells me that you recognize or at least quoted someone that recognized that there is a problem in translating that verse that way in speaking to Solomon. By Jenny Rizzo: [To Psalm 45: there appears to be a contradiction in Psalm 45:6 and Hebrews 1:8. ...] http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3513475
    • Texasescimo
      Translated correctly, there is no reason to explain that Solomon is not God and no need to to say "there appears to be a contradiction". No one thinks Solomon is God but if someone had that preconceived idea, Psalms 45 translated that way would be one of their go to verses for supposed proof.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Quote: "Both verses can be translated more than one way." Your translation does not prove Psalm 45:6 is directed at Solomon or some mysterious king. Psalm chapter 45 concludes that God is praised. It wouldn't make sense for David to portray Solomon as God. Verse 17: "I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever." It is no surprise how God fits the picture. The most accurate translation is that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father to define Hebrews 1:8.
    • Texasescimo
      Have you read Psalm 45? Is God a son of man or "the most handsome of the sons of men"? Psalm 45:1-7 My heart is stirred by something good. I say: “My song is about a king.” May my tongue be the stylus of a skilled copyist.  2 You are the most handsome of the sons of men. Gracious speech flows from your lips. That is why God has blessed you forever.  3 Strap your sword on your side, O mighty one, In your dignity and your splendor.  4 And in your splendor go on to victory; Ride in the cause of truth and humility and righteousness, And your right hand will accomplish awe-inspiring things.  5 Your arrows are sharp, making peoples fall before you; They pierce the hearts of the king’s enemies.  6 God is your throne forever and ever; The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness.  7 You loved righteousness, and you hated wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions
    • Texasescimo
      Psalm 45:1-7 ESV My heart overflows with a pleasing theme; I address my verses to the king; my tongue is like the pen of wa ready scribe. 2 You are xthe most handsome of the sons of men; ygrace is poured upon your lips; therefore God has blessed you forever. 3 zGird your asword on your thigh, O bmighty one, in cyour splendor and majesty! 4 In your majesty dride out victoriously for the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness; let your right hand teach you eawesome deeds! 5 Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the king’s enemies; the peoples fall under you. 6 fYour throne, O God, is forever and ever. The gscepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness; 7 hyou have loved righteousness and hated wickedness. Therefore iGod, your God, has janointed you with the oil of kgladness lbeyond your companions;
    • Texasescimo
      Look again at who the verses are addressed to. Does God have a God over Him? Is God a son of man or "the most handsome of the sons of men"?
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Have you read Psalm 45? Is God a son of man" Son of man" The answer is no because the Heavenly Father does not have a title of a son. Knowing the Godhead, son of man is a way of emphasizing Jesus’ humanity, highlighting the fact that Jesus is a real flesh and blood human. Jesus is a son of man in addition to the son of God, Just like Jeremiah, since I know you are going there, although Jeremiah does not sit at the right hand of God.
    • Texasescimo
      Not really answering if God has a God over Him but okay. Jeremiah? (Numbers 23:19) God is not a mere man who tells lies, Nor a son of man who changes his mind. When he says something, will he not do it? When he speaks, will he not carry it out?
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Not really answering if God has a God over Him" That's why you have to think of the Godhead. What does Colossians 2:9 tells us?
    • Texasescimo
      For the entire fullness of God’s nature dwells bodily[fn] in Christ, Why can't you just say that part of your God has another part of God over Him or doesn't? 2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
    • Texasescimo
      I see, Godhead kinda keeps you from learning the truth. Acts 17:29 KJV Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. Acts 17:29 NKJV NKJV “Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. Pretty simple. (John 16:25) “I have spoken these things to you in comparisons. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in comparisons, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Why can't you just say that part of your God has another part of God over Him or doesn't?" The Godhead speaks about the truth. In the human form of Jesus, most definitely the Son prayed to the Father as a form of communication. But in all the glory of Jesus, all mankind will bow down to His superiority. Romans 14:11 "for it is written, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
    • Texasescimo
      Removing God's name makes it easy for you to plug in anyone's name in His place. (Romans 14:11) For it is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says Jehovah, ‘to me every knee will bend, and every tongue will make open acknowledgment to God.’” (Isaiah 45:21-25) Make your report, present your case. Let them consult together in unity. Who foretold this long ago And declared it from times past? Is it not I, Jehovah? There is no other God but me; A righteous God and a Savior, there is none besides me. 22?Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth, For I am God, and there is no one else. 23?By myself I have sworn; The word has gone out of my mouth in righteousness, And it will not return: To me every knee will bend, Every tongue will swear loyalty 24?And say, ‘Surely in Jehovah are true righteousness and strength. All those enraged against him will come before him in shame. 25?In Jehovah all the offspring of Israel will prove to be right, And in him they will make their boast.’”
    • Texasescimo
      Where is it written? Where is it quoting from that says Jesus or what manuscript removed Jesus' name to make you think that Jesus' name was there? [Romans 14:11 "for it is written, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.]
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Removing God's name makes it easy for you to plug in anyone's name in His place. (Romans 14:11) For it is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says Jehovah, ‘to me every knee will bend, and every tongue will make open acknowledgment to God.’” (Isaiah 45:21-25)" Very silly of you. God's name is not SUPPORTED in Greek. A huge facepalm, LMAO.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Where is it written? Where is it quoting from that says Jesus or what manuscript removed Jesus' name to make you think that Jesus' name was there?" Uhh, Jesus is actually the King of kings and Lord of lords. Revelation 19:16 "On His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords."
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, as you see, you have taken Romans 14:11 out of context. Jesus is the only name to confess in the New Testament. Romans 10:9-13 "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes in Him will not be put to shame. 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing His riches on all who call on Him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in Heaven, and things in Earth, and things under the Earth;"
    • Texasescimo
      Educate yourself. Why is LORD all capitals in many modern translations? Where is it quoting from? Romans 10:9-17 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+10%3A9-17&version=NASB that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, [b]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [c]resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be [d]disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who [e]bring good news of good things!” 16 However, they did not all heed the [f]good news; for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word [g]of Christ.
    • Texasescimo
      (Joel 2:32) And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehovah has said, The survivors whom Jehovah calls.” (Romans 10:13) For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Why is LORD all capitals in many modern translations?" The word LORD does not prove God's name. It is only a title from the word Adonai for Master, nothing more, nothing less. Quote: "Romans 10:9-17 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?" You are in no authority to quote the NASB version, knowing the New World Translation is supposed to be the divine word according to the Jehovah's Witness. Once again, it is worthless to quote the NASB. To Joel 2:32, it is Jewish thinking to call upon the LORD, while the Gentiles do not recognize any other name in the New Testament besides Jesus to be saved according to Romans 10:13. As always: "Romans 10:9-13 "because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
  • so He could resist temptations. Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." He was able to better know the forces of temptations this way..
  • cause he was talking to his father
    • pugwashjw65
      Very good.. Two identities...separate...So what does this do to the beliefes of the main religions...Catholic and Islam...It renderds them simply UNTRUE. And as such they have to be a part of Satan's organization. No matter what they claim.
  • Please meditate, you will get to know all the answers of your questions
      I choose prayer over meditation. James 1:5 says if any of ye lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him.
    • Abha
      I have heard that meditation is the best form of prayer
      To each their own, I guess.
    • Abha
      Hmmm..... that`s fine.
  • Jesus had nothing to do with God. In fact, the "Christian" Jesus didn't exist. The Jewish Jesus did exist and his name would have been "Iseuos" or "Joshua" depending on if he spoke Greek or Hebrew (English had not been invented yet) This Jesus never called himself "divine" and neither did the half brothers of Jesus ever call him divine.
    • pugwashjw65
      Jesus had a LOT to do with Jehovah God...it was Jehovah who SENT him... (Matthew 10:40) ?Whoever receives you receives me also, and whoever receives me receives also the One who sent me. (John 8:18) I am one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.? FATHER WHO SENT ME...
  • Simply, Jesus is NOT almighty God himself...Jesus is the son.And Jesus prayed to his [ creating] father...Jehovah... (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. (Proverbs 8:22-31) Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago
      is this the fifth time you've answered this question?
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Linda...and your sweet pic has appeared only ONCE???
      Not even one in the answers column.
  • Trio, like the Kingston trio, ever heard one sing by himself?
  • Jesus never said he was God. Jesus never believed in "trinity" either.
  • Linda...you know the answer...Jesus is the son, not almighty God himself...[ Jehovah ] (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. When this was written, Jesus was unknown...even though he was existing in heaven alongside his father,... Proverbs 8: 22-31 I know I'm repeating myself but its for other's benefit...who may be reading this forum.
      How then do you account for the many times the Word of God came to Adam and Eve caring for them, protecting them, and even raising them from death in the "Forgotten Books of Eden" after they were removed from the Garden? or in the Book of the Cave of Treasures giving the history between Adam and Eve and Jesus Christ. And the Book of the Bee which gives much information about Jesus Christ.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Thinker... None of what you say is supported by scripture...And scripture is what I base all my comments on...So if any arguments arise, that's where I point folks to go...anything else is just opinion.
      No, but what what I say supports scripture. There were a number of books that were not included in the Bible that were considered. Many of those books are now available to read and study. A Christian who refuses to learn all they can about the Lord God, The Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are myopic and refuse to learn.
    • Texasescimo
      Or the lost Gospel of Thomas, or the Book of Enoch, Or the Quran, or the Book of Mormon, or Genesis Chapter 50 of the Joseph Smith edition, or the Satanic Bible, or the ...
  • In a body we all forget something of the source from which we came, and so too Jesus. "These things I do and greater things shall ye do" does not put himself above us, religious interpreters do sometimes.
      I do because he never sinned and I do.
  • to talk to god,
  • The term ' "god" can be confusing...it is not a name but is a title...like ; sir' or ' mister'...Almighty God is Jehovah...Jesus is never referred to as ' almighty'. But Jesus IS 'a' god...A spiritual being... So is Satan... (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. Satan is called 'a' god, but in no way can he be ' almighty God. Keep well, Linda...
    • Jenny Rizzo
      You are incorrect. Revelation 19:15-16 and other passages refer to Jesus as the Almighty God.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Revelation 19:15-16 "And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And LORD Of LORDS."
    • pugwashjw65
      It is Jesus doing the ' smiting'. The sharp sword is not literal but is the word [ the Bible ] that Jehovah had written...and that Jesus promoted... He [ Jesus ] treaded the winepress OF almighty God...a clear separation... NOT ' of myself '. Jesus has been crowned ' King'. Someone superior has had to do this. (Revelation 6:2) And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest. It is Jesus doing the destruction of wickedness...not Jehovah... Jesus is being directed by Jehovah...restoring good standards. ...
    • Jenny Rizzo
      It takes LOGIC in order to smite the nations. There is no separation of the Almighty God when the Old Testament clearly speaks of who is doing the smiting. Isaiah 11:4 "He shall strike the ruthless with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked."
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Quote: "Jesus has been crowned ' King'. Someone superior has had to do this." Not quite, Jesus does not have superiors. He is the King of Kings and LORD of LORDS by what He did on Earth. It is no surprise that Jesus is the express image of the Father.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Jenny...you cannot have it both ways... Why would Jesus even mention Jehovah if Jesus IS Jehovah...does not make sense... Jehovah is beyond being a king...and has to be superior to have the authority to even crown Jesus King...The " king of Kings" puts him above all EARTHLY Kings. And Lords... And he IS the image [ same type of personality ] AS HIS FATHER...A definite separation... And WHO spoke out of heaven when Jesus was baptized...certainly not himself. Mark 9:7...One of my favourites.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Hello pugs, the Bible teaches there are both ways. You have to think of the Heavenly Father, and what the Son did on Earth. You don't have any evidence to support Jesus is not God. Isaiah 11:4 and Revelation 19:15-16 go hand in hand to support my claims.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Quote: "Jehovah is beyond being a king..." Speaking of God's Kingdom, it takes a King to possess SUPREME POWER. Learn it from the scriptures: 1 Timothy 1:17 "Now to the King Eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Did you read that? Why would you deny the Bible and cling to the traditions of men?
    • Texasescimo
      I don't think that Revelation 19:15-16 is referring to Jesus as the Almighty God anymore than Revelation 14:19-20 refers to the angel as the Almighty God. Notice the similar wording: (Revelation 14:19, 20) The angel thrust his sickle into the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and he hurled it into the great winepress of God?s anger. 20 The winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress as high up as the bridles of the horses for a distance of 1,600 stadia. .................... Some may think that The title King of Kings makes Artaxerxes, Nebuchadnezza r, and Jesus are the same person, as all are called 'King of Kings'. Ezra 7:12; Ezek 26:7
    • Texasescimo
      Also, don't forget that there are many gods and many lords, but there is actually to us (Christians) ONE GOD, the FATHER. (John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many gods and many lords, 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. (John 14:1) Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Hello ya, i lost this thread in my feedback.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, thinking is not based on facts. If you read Revelation 19:15-16, Jesus is the King of kings and Lord of lords. Angels are not called kings or lords. Quote: "Also, don't forget that there are many gods and many lords, but?there is actually to us (Christians) ONE GOD, the FATHER." You are forgetting that Jesus made the Father known. John 12:45 "And whoever sees Me sees Him who sent Me."
    • Texasescimo
      Kinda lost me. A few questions for clarification. When in John 17:3, Jesus said the Father was the only true God, that meant something else? When in 1 Cor 8:6, Paul said for us Christians, there is one God, the Father, that meant there were others besides the Father? You don't see in John 14:1 how Jesus spoke of Himself separate from God? Do you take John 12:45 to mean that Jesus is the Father?
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Jesus said the Father was the only true God, that meant something else?" The question is: What are you comparing in John 17:3? Keep in mind that Jesus was speaking of His human nature in comparison to a spiritual Deity. What do you think is greater, the Spirit or the flesh?
    • Texasescimo
      What??? If Jesus is not True God when in the flesh, shouldn't the Father and the Holy Ghost be the only true God's? Why did he still have a God over Him that he worships after he was back in heaven? (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God. (Revelation 3:2) Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your works fully performed before my God. (Revelation 3:12) “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name. (Revelation 3:14) “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ce?a write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God: 1 Cor 8:5-6
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Why did he still have a God over Him that he worships after he was back in heaven?" That's because the flesh submits to the Spirit. John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." In Revelation 3:14, that is after the resurrection. Angels and spirits are the same. angel 1. a spiritual being believed to act as an attendant, agent, or messenger of God, conventionally represented in human form with wings and a long robe." In other words, to the spirit of the congregation in Laodicea. There is nothing in your remarks to disapprove my claims.
    • Texasescimo
      You really muddied that up. Do you remember your comment: [Texasescimo, quote: "Jesus said the Father was the only true God, that meant something else?" The question is: What are you comparing in John 17:3? Keep in mind that Jesus was speaking of His human nature in comparison to a spiritual Deity. What do you think is greater, the Spirit or the flesh?] Again: "Why did he still have a God over Him that he worships after he was back in heaven?"
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "The question is: What are you comparing in John 17:3? I have asked you that question many times to see what you are comparing in John 17:3. If you are comparing the Heavenly Father to the Son who became a human being, then there is no doubt that God who is a Spirit is greater than the flesh. Quote: "Why did he still have a God over Him that he worships after he was back in heaven?" For the same reason the Father submits to the Son. (Hebrews 1:8) We have discussed how Solomon is not God nor is Solomon's throne called God.
    • Texasescimo
      This is what you said: [Texasescimo, quote: "Jesus said the Father was the only true God, that meant something else?" The question is: What are you comparing in John 17:3? Keep in mind that Jesus was speaking of His human nature in comparison to a spiritual Deity. What do you think is greater, the Spirit or the flesh?]
    • Texasescimo
      This is what the scriptures say: [(John 16:25) “I have spoken these things to you in comparisons. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in comparisons, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.]
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, your recent comment does not change the fact when Jesus gives all the credit to the Heavenly Father by the human nature of Jesus. Yet again, you are comparing the Heavenly Father who is immortal to the Son who was a mortal on Earth. That's not a rational discussion on your behalf. Literal thinkers cannot understand Scripture.
    • Texasescimo
      I am not comparing anything, just letting the scriptures speak for themselves. The Father is the only true God, regardless of your empty deception. (Colossians 2:8) Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ; (Hebrews 13:9) Do not be led astray by various and strange teachings, ...
    • Texasescimo
      Quote: [Literal thinkers cannot understand Scripture.] Even you should consider the context once in a while. Jesus was speaking plainly when He said that the Father was the only true God. He wasn't joking as he even mentioned everlasting life with knowing that. John 17:1-3 https://biblehub.com/john/16-25.htm New International Version "Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. New Living Translation “I have spoken of these matters in figures of speech, but soon I will stop speaking figuratively and will tell you plainly all about the Father. English Standard Version “I have said these things to you in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech but will tell you plainly about the Father. https://biblehub.com/john/16-29.htm Berean Literal Bible His disciples say, "Behold, now You speak in openness, and You do not speak allegory. New American Standard Bible His disciples said, "Lo, now You are speaking plainly and are not using a figure of speech. King James Bible His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb. n
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "I am not comparing anything, just letting the scriptures speak for themselves." How are you going let the scriptures speak for themselves when you are taking Scripture out of context? You can't give me a logical answer to see in what way is the Father greater than the Son, other than God cannot die. As usual, you are comparing the Spirit to the flesh. Colossians 2:8 and Hebrews 13:9 are aimed at you for the reason of denying the Godhead. In Jesus, the Godhead bodily exists in the manifestation of the Father in Colossians 2:9. By no means is there anything strange to know why Jesus shares the same glory with the Father. Quote: "Jesus was speaking plainly when He said that the Father was the only true God." Jesus also said that the Spirit is greater than the flesh to speak of the human nature of the Son. Again and again, you are comparing the Heavenly Father who is a Spirit to a mortal being.
    • Texasescimo
      Quote: "You can't give me a logical answer to see in what way is the Father greater than the Son, other than God cannot die. " Sorry if I missed that question. I don't even think I said that? Saying that I cannot show you that is yet another one of your misconceptions, to say the least. (I don't want to call you a liar.)
    • Texasescimo
      God cannot die. Jesus did die. (Habakkuk 1:12) Are you not from everlasting, O Jehovah? O my God, my Holy One, you do not die. O Jehovah, you appointed them to execute judgment; My Rock, you established them for punishment. (Acts 3:15) whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.
    • Texasescimo
      God knows all things. Jesus has limited knowledge. (1 John 3:20) regarding whatever our hearts may condemn us in, because God is greater than our hearts and knows all things. (Mark 13:32) “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.
    • Texasescimo
      Jehovah God is Almighty, Jesus has limited power. (Genesis 17:1) When A?bram was 99 years old, Jehovah appeared to A?bram and said to him: “I am God Almighty. Walk before me and prove yourself faultless. (John 5:30) I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me. (John 5:30) I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.
    • Texasescimo
      Jehovah is the most high God, while Jesus is the son of the most high God. (Genesis 14:22) At this A?bram said to the king of Sod?om: “I do lift up my hand [in an oath] to Jehovah the Most High God, Producer of heaven and earth, (Psalm 83:18) That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. (Luke 1:32) This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, (Mark 5:7) and, when he had cried out with a loud voice, he said: “What have I to do with you, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I put you under oath by God not to torment me.” (Luke 8:28) At the sight of Jesus he cried aloud and fell down before him, and with a loud voice he said: “What have I to do with you, Jesus Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me.”
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, quote: "Sorry if I missed that question. I don't even think I said that? Saying that I cannot show you that is yet another one of your misconceptions," There is no way you can prove how the Father is greater than the Son. You have to keep in mind that when Jesus said the Father is greater, think of what Jesus was - a human being to speak for His human nature. Quote: "God cannot die. Jesus did die. (Habakkuk 1:12)" Uhh, the human nature of Jesus died, although not the Spirit. Besides, Jesus said no one takes His life away, He gives it away. John 10:18 "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Texasescimo, moving to John 5:30, the Son can't do anything on His own, He only does what He sees the Father doing to prove Jesus is God. None of your recent quotes discredit the Godly nature of Jesus. you can quote the Old Testament all you want, but that doesn't change the fact why the Son does likewise as the Father. John 5:19 "So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of His own accord, but only what He sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise." What Bible quotes can you give me were other biblical characters share the same glory with the Father??????????????
  • Christians cannot agree about this. They disagree about lots of other vital points, so we have thousands of sects. The Bible is full of contradictions, so two people can look only at different verses and have opposing ideas. Believers have tunnel vision and can't realize that here are lots of contradictions in the Bible. To complicate matters, we have Islam who has its idea about Jesus and Jehovah's Witnesses who use a different Bible from Christians. Each group claims that only it's correct.
      The only contradictions in the Bible are from those who put it in today's word terms and not taking into account language and cultures have changed over the years since the Bible was written. If understood in the common languages and the understandings of those words used then there is no contradiction anywhere in the Bible.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi thinker...but the meanings remain...e.g. Thou shalt not kill = Do not kill... So if you have two scriptures from any two translations that diametrically oppose each other, I would like to see them.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Sandra...Can you cite any scripture from the [ J.W's ] NWT that is different from the old English KJV... THEN your claim about the NWT being different might be considered...A flat statement proves nothing.
      Read John 1:1 in the KJV then in the JW NWT and you will see the JW's consider the Word as "a" god not was God. Since JW's say "a god" it proves to me they worship many gods.
    • Texasescimo
      Okay Thinker, start thinkering as your user name implies. Notice that there is no "a", "like", "as" or similar in the Hebrew interlinear in Exodus 4:16 or Exodus 7:1 but translators often add it for clarification. . . . Exodus 7:1 http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?t=KJV&x=47&y=7&b=Exd&c=7&v=1#vrsn/1 KJV . . . . Exodus 7:1 (KJV) And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. . . . . .. . Exodus 7:1 (NKJV) So the LORD said to Moses: "See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh, and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. . . . . . . Exodus 7:1 (NLT) Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh, and your brother, Aaron, will be your prophet. . . . . Exodus 7:1(NIV) Then the LORD said to Moses, ?See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. . . . . . http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo7.pdf Exodus 7:1 (KJV) And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hey ! thinker...J.W's KNOW from scripture there are ' many' gods. But we do NOT worship many gods... Only ONE .Jehovah...And for anybody reading this , if in any doubt, just visit a meeting at ANY Kingdom Hall...They are worldwide.
  • Jesus was a human being. By definition, a prayer is "talking to God the Father." Philippians 2:6-7 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
  • Jesus prayed as the Servant in human form as an example for us to pray. John 14:9 and John 10:30 Jesus said I and my Father are one. You either believe the scripture or you don't. After all it was the Holy Ghost who wrote the Bible through inspired men.
    • pugwashjw65
      " Are ONE in thinking, not in actuality....Mark 9:7...which clearly separates the two...
    • Rick Myres
      And what does this prove far as trinity? Mark 9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. Then what do you say about the following verses concerning Jesus? John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 10:30 - I and [my] Father are one. Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
  • cause he was talking to his father, god, the son and the holy spirit are one
  • Jesus is the son of God.
  • Being fully God he was also fully man.
    • Texasescimo
      I often hear that but I don't think Jesus or the apostles believed that Jesus was the same God he prayed to.
  • Jesus is the son Of God
  • He was the son of God and he prayed to his father
    • Texasescimo
      Yup
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Black Mystique, no Christian denies Jesus was not the Son of God or that He prayed (talked) to His Father. Do you mind sharing with us why Jesus is God or why Jesus is not God? Your answer does not prove anything, other than the Christian basics.
  • Good question. (John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many gods and many lords, 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him. (John 14:1) Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. (John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am. (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.
  • To share another answer, the Greek word for pray is proseuchomai. The meaning of it is to exchange wishes. There are many verses that claim Jesus is God. Isaiah 9:6 is a prophecy about Jesus who is called the Mighty God and the Everlasting Father.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Is there anybody out there who would like to discuss this subject with me?
  • See the Gospel of John. In this gospel Jesus is called The Word. Christ The Word is the only begotten Son who is the bosom of the Father, and has declared him. Word is two-fold: Word conceived, and word uttered. 1. There is the word conceived, this is thought, which is the first and only immediate product and conception of the soul. And thus the second person in the Trinity is fitly called The Word; for he is the first-begotten of the Father. There is nothing we are more sure of then that "we think," yet nothing we are more in the dark about then "how we think." Surely then the generations and births of the eternal mind may well be allowed to be great mysteries of godliness, the bottom of which we cannot fathom, while yet adore the depth. 2. There is the word uttered, and this is speech, the chief and most natural indication of the mind. And thus Christ is The Word, for by him God has in these days spoken to us. He has made known God's mind to us, as man's word or speech makes known to his thoughts. John the Baptist was the voice, but Christ was The Word. In the beginning was The Word. This bespeaks his existence, not only before incarnation, but before all time. The world was from the beginning, but the Word was in the beginning. The Word had a being before the world had a beginning. His co-existence was with the Father: The Word was with God, and the Word was God. In respect to essence and substance; for the Word was God. There was a glory and happiness which Christ had with God before the world was. In respect of counsel and design. So that this grand affair of man's reconciliation to God was concerted between the Father and Son from eternity. His agency in making the world "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. He was with God, active in divine operations in the beginning of time. Not as the workman cuts by his axe, but as the body sees by the eye. God did nothing without him in his work. Jesus is the living Word of God, therefore cannot be separate from God, "That was the "true Light," which "lighteth every man that cometh into the world." He was in the world, and "the world was made by him," and the world knew him not. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. He has life in himself; not only the true God, but the living God. All living creatures have their life in him; all the life too that is in the creation is derived from him. He is the Word by which man lives more than by bread. He is the light of men, life in man is something greater and nobler than it is in other creatures; it is rational, and not merely animal. The spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord, and it was the eternal Word that lighted this candle. The light of reason, as well as the life of sense, is derived from him. "The light shines, but the darkness comprehends it not. The discovery of the eternal Word to the lapsed world, even before he was manifested in the flesh: The light shineth in the darkness. The eternal Word, as God, shines in the darkness of natural conscience. Something of the divine Word all mankind have an innate sense of. The disability of the degenerate world to receive this discovery: "The darkness comprehended it not." The darkness of error and sin overpowered and quite eclipsed this light. So to the second part of your question as to why Jesus prays, first he prays for the apostles sanctification, to gather them all as one as he and the father are one, this is Christ gathering us up to him and his father, not of the word but in Spirit, in union. John 14:20 "On that day you will know that I am in my Father, you are in me, and I am in you." John 17:22 I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one
  • Jesus prayed for many reasons for one he was not God ,and prayed to show his reliance on his Father , he needed strength at times to fulfill the role he was sent to do by his Father . He also prayed to teach others the importance of pray and to rely on their heavenly Father as he did. He prayed for help when he performed miracles e.g. in healing people resurrecting ones who had died ,but always by prayer to his Father to carry out these assignments, to show mankind his humbleness ,and to teach us the importance of prayer , just like children who talk and rely on parents for different things Jesus always showed his reliance on his Father .
  • All these apposing views and Satan 😈 loves to create confusion among believers.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Funny emoji. The confusion among believers is when they take Scripture out of context.
    • Rick Myres
      Yep that's right
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Thumbs up as usual. :)
    • Rick Myres
      :) :)
  • With so many of my religious answers, I scrolled down on the page rapidly, not knowing if I had answered this question.