• Atheism is the non belief in god/s. It simply means one who neither accepts nor believes is deities or god/s. Few atheist recognize soul beliefs though there are some. For them they may believe in energy transfer rather then the heaven/hell stuff.
    • we are dough
      So what is spiritual and do atheists have it....?
    • Moongrim
      Some of us do. Ironic, no?
  • Possibly. This one does have spirituality. What will come of it remains to be seen.
  • To be an atheist is to NOT believe in any sort of spiritual existence
  • I suppose so.
  • Define spiritual.
      "relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things"......
    • Mr PantsFellDown
      Oh. Well..Mr Pants doesn't really have a soul. Just cotton stuffing. Although sometimes I've had these vague feelings of being part of a grander whole...a vast field full of cotton! ..waiting to become stuffing. But probably I just ate too much turkey that night.
      Did you have cranberry sauce with it?
    • Mr PantsFellDown
      Yea. Does that cause lucid dreaming? ..because if it does, I'd like to try eating it again, in case I dream of the ass across the street again (Oh did I say "ass". I meant "woman with the ass", of course) (well I'm not a pig) ................ *buzzing noise* ................. *opening several cans of sauce* ........ *gets spoon and her photograph, sits..* *sigh* Is this all there is?
      If it weren't for greed, intolerance, hate, passion and murder, you would have no works of art, no great buildings, no medical science, no Mozart, no Van Gogh, no Muppets, and no Louis Armstrong.
  • It's the absence of making a "choice", or more specifically, being deluded into thinking there's one to make).
  • Definitely!
  • It has nothing to do with being spiritual or having religion.
  • Yes an atheist has the spiritual choice to believe or not to believe.
  • You may be confusing atheism with agnosticism, the latter which means that the existence or non-existence of God or anything supernatural cannot be known by man. It's a good way of hedging your bets ;)
  • Atheism is a NON - belief in a higher power...[ Jehovah God ] So why even talk about something you do not believe in [ exists ] Just discussing about whether Jehovah exists is really supporting Satan. Who is a spiritual being, although not a good one...So supporting Satan IS being spiritual... If, and it does, the Bible states that Satan DOES exist... (Job 2:1) Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah.