• I may have misunderstood what you want to do, if so I apologise. Say you have a figure in cell A1 and a larger figure in A2 and you want to know by what % it has risen. The formula '=(A2-A1)/A1*100' will do it.
  • If your original number is in cell A1 and the new number is in A2, the formula is: =A2/A1-1 then format as a percentage If you have a series of numbers (i.e. annual increase) the formula is: =((last number)/(first number))^(1/(count-1))
  • =((LN(A1)-LN(A20))/COUNTA(A1:A20))*100

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy