ANSWERS: 1
  • The town is named for the village of Roseto Valfortore in Italy. It was largely settled by Italians employed at the numerous local slate quarries. The Wind Gap and Delaware Railroad opened a line through the town in 1883. It was operated by the Central Railroad of New Jersey until 1905, after which it was merged into the Lehigh and New England Railroad, which abandoned the line in 1955. The three founders were Nicola Rosato, Giovanni Policelli, and Lorenzo Falcone, and it was incorporated as a borough in 1912. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseto%2C_Pennsylvania

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy