ANSWERS: 1
  • Ravenswood is sited on land once owned by George Washington. Washington acquired the 2,448 acre parcel in 1770, and designated William Crawford (soldier)Colonel William Crawford to survey the lands in 1771. A permanent settlement was first established in 1810, and the town streets and lots were laid out in their current pattern by descendants of George Washington in 1835.

Copyright 2018, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy