ANSWERS: 1
  • George Finney first settled on the site of Odessa in 1886. He platted Odessa in the summer of 1899 after the Great Northern Railroad had built its line through the valley in 1892.The railroad siding was named Odessa Siding by railroad surveyors after Odessa, Russia because of the Russian wheat farmers in the area. The post office was established in June of 1898. The first store was opened in 1898 by J.B. Ziegler and W.N. Schoonover. After the train depot was built in 1900, the town grew rapidly. By 1904 the town had grown from 30 to 800 people. Odessa was officially incorporated on September 25, 1902. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa%2C_Washington

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy