• Huntertown was originally called "The Opening" because it was a natural forest clearing. It was first settled about 1832. It was located on the Lima Plank Road connecting Lima and Fort Wayne. The Perry Centre Seminary was founded in Huntertown in 1856, only to close five years later when the entire faculty and adult students enlisted in the Union Army. The town was platted in 1869, but not incorporated until 1966. Source:

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy