• He thought he was who he said he was. That doesn't make him a lier. Nor does it really make him a lunatic but neither does it make him God. I can't quite put my finger on it ;-)
  • my guess, a cleaver man surrounded by insane people. probably misquoted and misrepresented. -an atheist.
  • According to the bible and the Church itself, Jesus was who he said he was and I do believe this as well.
  • no comment. . but to tell you i believe in God. .
  • Someday no one will wonder.
  • I would think he knew who he was,and not a liar or lunatic.The problem is that he never written a biography and we have to go by what others have written about him over 200 years after his death. I see by the downrate from a troll answers are not allowed.
  • Actually, Jesus never said He was anyone. He asked, "Who do you think I am?"
  • Or (4) just a person who had all those extraordinary activities and sayings attributed to him later by other people with their own agendas. Or (5) not a person at all, but a completely constructed figure. Or (6) a preacher and healer with a message that resonated among many people - and had many exaggerations added to his words by others with their own agendas/biases. Or quite a few other options...
  • That is something each person must decide for themselves.
  • Jesus was who He said... John 10:30 "I and the Father are one." Father Son Holy Spirit Known as "God who came to this world in flesh" and paid the penalty for our sins on the cross! Also, Jesus said He was coming back as explained in Rev 22:12... Revelation 22:12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me to repay everyone according to what they have done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEDRiOJokY&feature=channel Believe it or not "He is coming very soon, so if thy name is not found in one of the 7 Churches, then beware of the 7 years of tribulation."
  • The closest would be (3) but Jesus is much more than He said He was. Christians believe that Jesus was completely God and completely Man. The incarnation, God and man, is one of the wonderful Christian paradoxes. The Church thus confesses that Jesus is inseparably true God and true man. He is truly the Son of God who, without ceasing to be God and Lord, became a man and our brother. The Son of God worked with human hands; he thought with a human mind. He acted with a human will, and with a human heart he loved. Born of the Virgin Mary, he has truly been made one of us, like to us in all things except sin. The Catechism of the Catholic Church explains what we believe in depth: http://www.nccbuscc.org/catechism/text/pt1sect2chpt2art3.shtml#p1 With love in Christ.
  • 3--who He said He was. And a lot more.....
  • #3, without a doubt.
  • Jesus never said anything. The people who created him were liars and those who believe in him are lunatics.
  • I'll go for number three. I dig what I know of his philosophy, but believe it's soundness has been grossly compromised by liars and lunatics to follow, with St. Paul leading the mendacious gang. ;-)
  • .. I think if Jesus existed, he was a victim of the church.. I will explain!! One day a original/charismatic man appears out of nowhere and claims to be good to each others not because of a god but just because a naive idealistic man (someone would say all the hippies are messiah :P), he was the first peacemaker, but not affilited to any religion at the times.. he dies (the religion, all of them, don't really like the people who open the eyes people to something else but their own beliefs.. By the way he dies, by his charisma, by all the followers he made along.. an emerging religion see here an occasion to appropriate the dead one gang by claiming he was before a member of their religion and all the miracles and fairy tales are made by century of brainwashing.. For the people who thinks my answer are foolish are maybe right because that was my own interpretation but i'm right for the 'steal system' of religion, by stealing stories of others them make the conversion easier for people from others religions.. I thinks, if Jesus existed, their more than Jesus in history, not the very same, but the same type of thought-provoking person but the next jesus was not on the christianity side.. See the ravage of inquisition.. and a certain Joan of Arc.. Thinks what you want.. but thinks..
  • He IS who he said he was. God wouldn't of raised him up again to show His approval of Jesus sacrifice on the cross for our sins if he wasn't who He said he was.
  • "They all asked, 'Are you then the Son of God?' He replied, 'You are right in saying I am.'" (Luke 22:70) "You call Me the Teacher (Master) and the Lord, and you are right in doing so, for that is what I am." (Jesus, John 13:13) "Pilate said to Him, Then You are a King? Jesus answered, You speak correctly! For I am a King. This is why I was born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the Truth." (John 18:38) "He said, 'I am the Son of God'..." (Chief of Priests, Matthew 27:43) "You...claim to be God” (John 10:33) "I and the Father are one." (Jesus, John 10:30) ^[We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason.“… you, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity.] "Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?" (John 10:36) "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? ...Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]" (Jesus, John 14:10) "At that time [when that day comes] you will know [for yourselves] that I am in My Father..." (Jesus, John 14:20) "My Lord and my God” (Thomas to Jesus, John 20:28. Jesus did not correct him.) "The woman said to Him, I know that Messiah is coming, He Who is called the Christ (the Anointed One); and when He arrives, He will tell us everything we need to know and make it clear to us.' Jesus said to her, 'I who now speak with you am He.'" (Jesus and Samaratan woman, John 4:25-26) "I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time)." (Jesus, John 6:35) "I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life." (John 8:12) "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." (Jesus, John 9:5) " I am the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live.... [He] shall never [actually] die at all. Do you believe this?" (Jesus, John 11:25-26) " I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me. If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. ... From now on, you know Him and have seen Him." (Jesus, John 14:6-7) "I am the Door [for the sheep]; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture. The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [b]overflows). I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His [own] life for the sheep. ...I am giving My [very own] life and laying it down on behalf of the sheep." (Jesus, John 10:7-11) "I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, he who believes in Me [who adheres to, trusts in, relies on, and has faith in Me] has (now possesses) eternal life. I am the Bread of Life [that gives life--the Living Bread]. ...This is the Bread that comes down from heaven, so that anyone may eat of it and never die. I [Myself] am this Living Bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this Bread, he will live forever..." (Jesus, John 6:47-51) " I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, before Abraham was born, I AM." (Jesus, John 8:58) "I am not of this world." (Jesus, John 8:23b) "'I have come down from heaven not to do My own will and purpose but to do the will and purpose of Him Who sent Me. And this is the will of Him Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at the last day. For this is My Father's will and His purpose, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day.' Now the Jews murmured and found fault with and grumbled about Jesus because He said, I am [Myself] the Bread that came down from heaven.'" (John 6:38-42) "If you had only known and had recognized God's gift and Who this is that is saying to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him [instead] and He would have given you living water. ...Whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him for eternal life.'" (Jesus to Samaritan woman, John 4:10,14) "I tell you this now before it occurs, so that when it does take place you may be persuaded and believe that I am He [Who I say I am--the Christ, the Anointed One, the Messiah]." (Jesus, John 13:19) "In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:2) "Do you know Me, and do you know where I am from?" (John 7:28) "if I speak truth, why do you not believe Me [trust Me, rely on Me]?" (Jesus, John 8:46b) "If you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins." (John 8:24) "When you have lifted up the Son of Man [on the cross], you will realize (know, understand) that I am the one I claim to be..." (Jesus, John 8:28) "'But what about you?' he asked. 'Who do you say I am?''" (Jesus, Matthew 16:15)
  • He was and is God.
  • This is an excellent question wish I had thought of it myself and I even had the information at hand! The following is a very good commentary on this subject. I believe he was who he said he was for many reasons many of which are personal revolations I know came by nothing I was able to do on my own. http://www.libchrist.com/bible/apoligetic.html I truly hope this helps you and others as well to understand He is the Son of God.
  • There is no way to know. There is a possibility he didn't exist, but was invented as a teacher who taught many of the things Confuscious taught. . If he was a lunatic, people probably wouldn't respect him so much. . If he was a God, he left behind absolutely no way to know of this. He didn't even leave his autograph. If he was a God, he wasn't a very wise one. People wrote the bible hundreds of years after He died. So you are all worshipping the idea of Him, but written by man with his emotional opinions.
  • The strongest proof is fulfilled prophecy. Man cannot accurately foretell the future. If any book is filled with reliable prophecy it did not originate with man, but with God. Such is true of the Bible.—Jas. 4:13, 14. The prophets Jeremiah and Isaiah were moved to foretell the downfall of Jerusalem far in advance. Jeremiah said desolation would last just seventy years; Isaiah foretold that Cyrus, not then born, would be the liberator. (Jer. 25:11; Isa. 44:28) Of the Hebrew Scripture prophecies, it has been said that three hundred and thirty-two were literally fulfilled in Christ. Daniel prophetically pointed to the year 1914 (A.D.) as a turning point in world affairs. Over five and a half centuries later Christ foretold the visible occurrences that would mark that change. Not one word of these, nor of all the other promises of God, has failed.
  • We don't know what he said he was. The reports we have are second or third hand, written down decades after the events they describe, by people with a strong commitment to belief in his divinity. My guess is that he was a charismatic preacher who actually described himself as /a/ son of God not /the/ Son of God - hence "Our Father...". After his death, his followers took his words, selected, interpreted, and exaggerated them, and wrote them down long after. So Jesus was really just John the Baptist Mk 2.
  • None of the above.
  • One doesn't have to be either a liar or a lunatic to hold a genuine belief - false or otherwise. If that were the case, the same would have to be said of all those that follow a faith, such as the one followed by Jesus. I'm an aetheist, but some of my aquaintances follow a faith - to varying degrees - and I certainly wouldn't describe them, to my knowledge at least, as liars or lucatics. Therefore, Jesus, and my friends, must have different motivations for thier faith and possibilities include, in no particular order: - brainwashing - seeing the value in following principles - following one's beliefs (which has been said of many people - especially those in 'The Matrix'!) - brainwashing - Alien intervention - chemical poisoning (e.g. drugs and alcohol) - etc. Good question. Thanks. +points
  • One only hears when one is ready to hear....He is who He said he was. Thank you for the question. +3
  • I would say that he was not what people say he was, so none of the above I'm afraid!