• Driving desire for things (power, lovers, money, wealth, goods, etc.) is the root of all evil. Think about all man's inhumanities and evil. It's driven by the lust for something.
  • Because supposedly in gods view sex is a great gift and the ability to reproduce, and the idea of lust is having sex for just the fun of it and not something important.
  • The primary ingredient to lust is sex addiction. Lust is sin (Matthew 5:28) and sin is death (Romans 6:23). The Bible also says "You shall not covet your neighbor's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbor's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor (Deut 5:21)." That includes his daughters, too. "Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes (Prov. 6:25)." Paul warned us in 1 Thessalonians 4:5 to not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God (NIV)."
  • Because what you are lusting after isn't yours. That is called coveting. One of the big ten.
  • in the bible it says when you lust, in gods eye you are doing the act. it also says god judges us not only by our actions but what is in our heart..
  • Because lust creates a sense of pleasure, and if you have not noticed, pretty much everything that brings a great sense of pleasure, in the eyes of christian religion, is a sin.
  • Cause God said so.
  • Cause everything fun is.
  • Lust Is a sin because It separates us from God as the Bible says... Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
  • 'Cause it is. The verses in my comment section might help you understand, but they might not. I'm not promising anything.
  • Its not.
  • You give in to your fleshly desires. That can vary from sex addiction to obsessing with money. It's destructive. Lust is unrestrained and full of greed. A Christian is to urge for holy living and be more Christ-like. These links explain it very well.http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-lust.html http://www.porn-free.org/lust.htm
  • Because God can read our heart and knows the only thing missing is we lack opportunity. He knows`our heart isn't right and we really don't love our neighbor.
  • Man i cant tell you.Is it love that leads to lust or lust that leaves to love?.All iknow is that love and lust are both four letter words.
  • Because god prefers you to "pine away" for Him.
  • lust is a sin if love is as well...:P
  • its not a sin if you believe it isnt....
  • I assume you're referring to sexual lust. According to my understanding, it's because imagining sexual acts with someone who may or may not be interested in you is like a lesser form of rape. You're having sexual thoughts about them without their consent. Note, this is not what I personally believe, but I think that's why the Bible condemns it.
  • Because the church fathers were misogynists who couldn't control their penises.
  • Lust with a capital letter is different than just lust in a regular sense. Lust the sin is being obessessed with sex and sexual desire to the point of causing yourself or others harm. It is extreme, an addiction, an unhealthy state in any sense. It is sinful because the sex/sexual desire is your life, instead of God and your fellow humans. The word lust, meaning sexual desire, isn't necessarily a sin. If humans did not desire each other sexually, then there wouldn't be any babies or sex at all. Sexual desire is a normal function and part of being human, you're just supposed to exercise some self-control.
  • Sin does not exist, and lust is only a negative word because the church made it so. It's part of the whole demonization of sex thing. I use the word freely, am a Wiccan (a religion which *cherishes* sex), and find the word very, very sexy.
  • Not a sin to me but it can be carried too far which isn't a good thing.
  • are you thinking the 7 deadly sins? or religious sins? i think religion speaks for itself, but with the 7 deadly sins, loyality and knowing when to stop is important.
  • Isn't.
  • If you look at the serman on the mount which is located in Matthew Ch 5 vrs 27 you will see that Jesus said the following, "You heard it was said, You must not commit adultery. But if I say to you that everyone that keeps on looking at a women so as to have a passion for her has already commited adultery with his or her heart." That is why lust is a sin! It is as simple as that!
  • Cause it makes you feel good.
  • Because Jesus said so, DONT QUESTION HIM! You should be thankful he told us how to avoid hell and obey. This is serious stuff, you will suffer eternal punishment for something as seemingly minor as looking at a girl's butt. That's why 99% of people will sadly go to hell when they die.
  • I have no idea... It's such a... Good feeling... +5
  • It's only a sin to tards who never get any.
  • It's not. The powers that be merely say it is.