• You can. They're just idiots.
    • pugwashjw65
      Your comment is noted... (Psalm 10:4) In his haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation; All his thoughts are: ?There is no God.? (Psalm 53:1) The foolish one says in his heart: ?There is no Jehovah.? Their unrighteous actions are corrupt and detestable; No one is doing good.
  • No. There are millions and millions of people in the world who believe in God but not in Jesus. But Christians believe it is best to believe in God AND Jesus. With love in Christ.
    • pugwashjw65
      Unless we are obedient to Jesus, we will be included in with the wicked...to be destroyed... (2 Timothy 3:5) having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.
  • You can believe in God without believing in Jesus, but you can't know God unless you know Jesus. Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father but by me." Jesus said, " I and the Father are One. Jesus said, He that seeth me has seen the Father. It is good to hear from you again Jacobb.
  • Don't listen. People tell me I can't believe in Batman without the Boy Wonder, but i still do. :D
  • No, this is my base of my religion. You should have the right to believe in whatever you want. Thats why people call me athiest. I don't believe in any names. They say that's athiest because I dont believe in God or Jesus.
  • Believe in yourself and be an individual.
  • well maby ur god doesnt involve jesus. you just see god as the unknown power that created the universe
  • Boy, that would sure be news to all of those that follow the Jewish faith.
  • Ask Hindus’, and Buddhists’. And even Muslims for that matter. They believe Jesus was a prophet, but not the son of God. Jesus is a prerequisite only for Christians.
    • Jewels Vern
      I have always wondered about people who call Jesus a prophet and a liar in the same breath. How do they come to accept lying prophets?
    • pugwashjw65
      If Jesus' father [Jehovah ]is the creator of the whole universe, he must also be the creator of man...ALL men...So now ALL men must be obedient to Jesus...not just so called ' Christians'. The SOLE creator has ONE set of rules...and we must comply...to survive.
  • Jesus is God. so by believing in either God, you believe in Jesus.
    • Jewels Vern
      Jesus is not God. John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:" Jesus didn't know the divine mystery. If Jesus had been God, John 4:22 would have been a lie, and God can not lie. John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" The trinity doctrine contradicts those verses. That is why churches that teach the trinity discourage studying the bible, declaring that church tradition is of higher authority than the word of God.
    • pugwashjw65
      Jesus is 'a' god, but NOT 'the' God...The term is a title, not a name. Even Satan is called 'a' god. (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. Almighty God has a name... (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. And Jesus taught that we must USE IT. And not bury it under titles... (John 17:6) ?I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word.
  • You can believe in God without believing in Jesus, but then, you would probably not be a Christian. So a more accurate statement would be: If you want to be a Christian, you can't believe in God without believing in Jesus. Also if you want to be a Christian, you can't believe in Jesus without believing in God either...
    • pugwashjw65
      Jesus and his father, Jehovah, have the same outlook...to make things better for mankind..." The father and I are one"...in thought, nor in self. They are two identities with the same outlook...this does not make them the same identity.
    • iwnit
      @pugwashjw65: thank you for your feedback. I gave a simple answer about how non Christian religions have the concept of a god but don't see Jesus as a god or as God. But you are right, the Christian concept of Jesus as God and the acceptance or not of the dogma of Trinity could also be discussed in an answer to this question.
  • You as the same as everyone who walks this planet have free will to believe however you desire. Many will tell you this or that but none of them will carry your cross (so to speak) for you. None of them will give up heaven and take responsibility for your sins. You my friend is what matters between you and God.
  • Believe in being a rational person and rational people don't believe in fairy tales. http://whywontgodhealamputees.com this site might explain a bit for you. Read it and learn something.
  • No. It can be said that you don't believe in who they(we) think is the "true" God, unless you believe in his son Jesus. Or it can be said that you don't believe the Greek scriptures (New Testament), if you don't believe in Jesus. You can believe in a god and not believe in Jesus.
  • Yes, the Son of God Himself stated: Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. ~John 14:6
  • 2-10-2017 That depends on which god and what you mean by "believe". There is a God of creation, Satan is the god of this world, we are all gods, and you can make up a god if you want to. The God of creation sent a book to explain all things pertaining unto life and godliness, and He sent His son so we could be complete with spirits like Adam and Eve were in the garden. If you want to follow any other notion of godliness, you have that choice. It is not reliable to let people tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself. Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians. Here is a book to help you to understand the bible. It's a free download and you can get a hard copy at any bible book store. http://philologos.org/__eb-htetb/ "How To Enjoy The Bible"
    • pugwashjw65
      WHY buy when you can get the truth for free...jw.org
  • If you truly believed in God you would believe in jesus as well, because he is the son of God.
  • It is good that you don't believe in Jesus, as he is a fictional character. Christianity and other monotheistic programs are used as tools to keep the populace from real spiritual knowledge, and the power in the hands of those at the top. Satan is not "evil" as depicted in the Bible, and He and the other Gods (as in the Greek Gods etc) love humanity. The Bible defames them and calls them "demons", and people are told to stay away from them at all costs. Learn the TRUTH: www.joyofsatan.org
  • (Mark 9:7) And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud:
  • No one can tell you what to believe. The beautiful thing about free will is it also includes using your own mind to form decisions and opinions for yourself. The Bible helps us to see that our belief in God is supposed to be more than just mere knowledge but it should move us to want to know more about him and his purpose for all of man today. Jesus is directly tied or connected to that purpose. Notice what it says at John 3:16 which says: "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." Jesus sacrifice is the means in which we can all be saved. But that verse makes it very clear that God sent his Son, so if we don't believe in Jesus then can we really put trust in the sacrifice he made without that belief? No we can't. Our minds simply don't work that way. If we believe in the sacrifice Jesus made we are moved to show by the way we live our lives that we appreciate what God and his Son have done for us. Notice also what John 17:3 says: "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." We have to take in knowledge of God and his Son in order to gain the privilege of everlasting life. This means we need to learn about God and his Son so that they can become real to us so we can go beyond just believing in them but actually develop a love for them and we will also have faith that what is promised in the Bible will one day come true. Many people either want to omit God or Jesus out of their life but God has shown that we can't do either if we hope to have a relationship with him. If you would like to know more on this subject please visit www.jw.org and type "God" in the search box.
  • A scripture most know is John 3;16. It was God who sent his son that everyone exercising faith in him [Jesus ] might not be destroyed, but have everlasting life. Jesus gave his life as a ransom to take Adams place to pay back what Adam lost- that is perfection. Please read Romans chapter 5-8. We can believe in God but unless we have faith in Jesus ransom it is of no avail. The book of James makes a point at James 2:19 where it state the demons { fallen wicked angles ] know God and shudder. Knowing is important, but having faith means everlasting life that only God can give as a gift because of Jesus ransom sacrifice.
  • Jehovah and Jesus are father and son....with Jesus being obedient to his father...So what they plan for us is unanimous...
    • Mr PantsFellDown
      Unless Jesus becomes disobedient eh? (and why not, his dad's cruel and overbearing).