• That's god talking.
  • I believe that Amos 4:11 can be broken up into three distinct sections and to answer the question, I'll list them out. "I overthrew some of you" - This was Amos speaking on behalf of God. "As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, And you were like a firebrand plucked from the burning;" - This was Amos speaking in a narrative explaining how God "overthrew" Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord. - This is Amos speaking, again, on behalf of God.
  • *** Bible Citations *** (Amos 4:11) “‘I caused an overthrow among YOU people, like God’s overthrow of Sod′om and Go·mor′rah. And YOU came to be like a log snatched out of [the] burning; but YOU did not come back to me,’ is the utterance of Jehovah. another scripture says; (Genesis 19:23-25) 23 The sun had gone forth over the land when Lot arrived at Zo′ar. 24 Then Jehovah made it rain sulphur and fire from Jehovah, from the heavens, upon Sod′om and upon Go·mor′rah. 25 So he went ahead overthrowing these cities, even the entire District and all the inhabitants of the cities and the plants of the ground. It's Jehovah speaking Through Amos.
  • Israel did not respond to God’s past reproofs. So Amos warns: “Get ready to meet your God.” Yes, they must face up to their errors and change. If they will not, the Creator will see that calamity comes like his Judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah. Amos 4:1-13. Read the last part of what Amos writes in the verse.
  • I’m not a Jehovah’s Witness, so hopefully I’m not stepping on any toes here, but it seems to me that this is simply one of those passages that falls flat when translated into English. In most English versions of the Bible (particularly the King James Version), the phrase “the Lord” is generally used to denote Jehovah (God the Son) while “God” is generally used to denote Elohim (God the Father). Without double-checking against the original Hebrew, it sounds to me like this is the Son talking about the Father. HTH!
  • Wild shot here...Amos?