• My vote goes for communication. Without it, you can't build trust, you can feel unappreciated and unloved, and worse.
  • Marriage is the primary cause of divorce
  • Ungodly living. Sin pulls couples apart.
  • people don't know how to get along! we know how to motivate you to do what we want, but an upfront willingness to compromise, NOT TODAY!
  • physically being with each other, communication problems, one person drinking at bars/pubs a lot, boredom.......+5
  • People grow apart.
  • The fact that it is socially and economically possible. I the past, divorce was ruinous to one or both parties. People stayed together because they had to. Now they don't have to, so often they aren't.
  • inablity or lack of desire to compromise on anything.
  • Lack of interest. In a marriage, as in most things, there has to be a desire to succeed for the chance of success. In other words, marriages work when both parties want them to work. And don't get me wrong, marriage is hard work. Love is needed, desire is needed, but most of all commitment is needed. Marriages now-a-days fail because nobody can be bothered to work at them. After the initial bloom of love, guys cheat, girls get bored, both stop caring and the marriage goes down the crapper. Because in this day and age of instant gratification, the thought of putting work into a marriage is much more difficult than the thought of divorce. Hope this helps. PS: Married 28 years and counting.
      How about, after the initial bloom of love, girls cheat...?
      Men are still winning that race! And the gap starts getting wider at 40, and gets progressively worse till 70. I suspect its because that's when their dick starts to fail and they feel the need to prove they're still manly, or when only the excitement of that new cow smell can get it up. But you're right about the little girls. That's the only age demographic in which girls cheat more than boys! Keep posting hateful comments about women! I'll try and find them and spread the truth about your untruths. I'd never be so crass as to call you a liar, like you shouted at me, because you may not know the truth. But if you know what you're saying is not true I guess that would make you one, wouldn't it?
      Linda, I was being glib. I would hope that you'd realize that about me by now. And I'm not sure why you think I'm posting hateful comments about women.
  • Inability to communicate, disagreement on money, sex, and power.
  • Indifference. Folks get tired of putting up with the other's shit.
  • incompatibility Leving the toothpasye cap off sqeezing from the middle instead ofthe bottom leaving the toilet seat up not taking out the garbage not doing housework i'm totally guessing here, never been married.
  • Financial problems although this research says otherwise: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4198951.stm
  • Not thoroughly getting to know your partner and accept them for who they are before you marry, which ties in to thinking you can change them after you marry.
  • Selfishness. Sure the head shrinks will list symptoms but the core cause is selfishness plain and simple
  • theres lots of reasons
  • I think one of the common reasons of divorce is the lack of communication. If the other feels betrayed or upset and they are not comforted nor reassured by their significant other, it could lead to misunderstandings; it could also cause them to lose interest and realize that what they have is not enough, and if this happens, they would begin neglecting their partner or worse: they could start being interested in someone else.
  • The Bible describes these time as “critical” and “hard to deal with”, this prophecy describes the type of people that would be in existence during this time. 2 Tim 3:1-5 explains that the world would be riddled with people who are “lovers of themselves”, “disloyal”, “having no natural affection”, “not open to any agreement”, “lovers of money” and “without self-control” among other things. Divorce is one of the many unfortunate side effects of Satan’s influence on humanity.